22 October 2010

Return with Honor

Yesterday Elder Karston Lee returned from serving a 2 year mission in Sao Paulo, Brasil. I cant even tell you how many times I told Kameron "I cant believe he is already home!" The past two years FLEW!
Here are the 4 Grandkids waiting to see and meet Uncle Karston!! Anastyn was being a stinker and didnt want any pictures...shocking isnt it?! (please sense my sarcasm...I'm layering it on pretty thick there!!)

The girls!! Aparently I didnt get a picture of all the boys...not sure who took that one..but I would like a copy, Please and Thank You!!

Our adorable little family!

Porter was so excited that Grandma Lee gave him a sign to hold...he held it the entire time patiently waiting!!

Porter, Uncle Kyran (yes the one in the middle was an Uncle at age 5!) and Paxton looking for Karston walking down the hallway.

He made it!! Karen warned us all with our lives that she got him first. So I stood back and took pictures. Kamarie even joked when we couldnt find Karen that she was out on the Tar mat guiding the plane in!! haha. We all got a good laugh out of it, she was SOO excited.

Brotherly Love. Kinda makes your heart go pitter patter. Kameron and Karston both served in the same mission, in some of the same areas, with a lot of the same people. Kameron has been talking about this moment since Karston got his mission call. He was thrilled to have someone in the family who would share the same love for Brasil, portuguese, and experiences.

Right after I took this picture I finally got to hug the Return Missionary, and pretty much cried. Watching Kameron with his brother after thinking he wasnt going to be able to see him at all until next week (work) was great for me, because I knew how much it meant to Kameron, that the water works started when I hugged Karst, my ball baby emotions kinda took over. No worries, I chocked it down and didnt let it last too long.

This picture is a little out of order, but finally a picture with EVERYONE in the family. You can even see the spirit glowing from Karston! Haha

Porter seeing Uncle Karston for the first time since he was 18 months old. Its crazy to think that Porter was Anastyn's age when he left. All Karston could say was how big he was...and "He talks!! He didnt walk when I left!" A lot changes in a couple years. I cant wait for Karston to get to know Porter all over again, because lets be honest...the kid is pretty great!

And Anastyn meeting Karston for the first time. Karston was a little sad that she cried, but she doesnt really like anyone new, so dont take it personal Uncle Karston. She will love you after she is around you more. She really is sweet, despite the impression she gave.

After the airport we went shopping, ate Chili's, and ran around. She was all tuckered out by the time we started heading back home.

Welcome home Uncle Karston, we are so excited to have you!!!

4 comments:

Kacy said...

How fun!

Candace and Brian said...

That is awesome they served in the exact same mission. That seems really rare...or maybe I just live in Vernal. :) Looks like you are adjusting to the move. HOpefully it all continues to go well. You sure keep busy....and when did you ever feel like you needed to start going to the gym? People go to the gym to look like you!

The Clawson's said...

AH, I'm so jealous. My little brother gets home in 2 weeks from his mission in Brazil too!

Mary Anne said...

Okay first of all there are so many things I thought of commenting about as I read this that I'm not going to remember them all...but I love the whole "Mom's out guiding in the plane" thing...HILARIOUS. And second of all Porter is HANDSOME! Goodness sakes. LOVE YOU!