16 October 2010

A little of this, A little of that.

So I am not sure what I am going to blog about, but I just kind of got sick of looking at the mushy post from last weekend. I know, sometimes missing my husband fogs my better judgement, and crap like that come out. Anywho...

A few things we have been up to lately:

I am finally feeling a little more at home here in good Ol' Sierra Vista. We have had play groups the past couple weeks, and that has been fun. There are some pretty fun girls here, and I am glad that I am getting to know them better. I know Porter appreciates the play time. I just hope my crazy/blunt/random personality doesnt scare them off. I can get a little out of control.

My mom's work had their annual family fun day this weekend, and so for the past week, my niece stayed here, which I LOVED. She is 11, and the oldest of 4, so she was so helpful with my kids. They absolutely loved playing with her, and it was great to have another person around to take the kids attention off ME! Then at the end of the week my sister in law came to stay through the weekend and brought the rest of her kids. (which makes 4). And then my dad had the bright idea of bringing 3 more of the grandkids down too. That totals to 9 kids ages 11 and under, plus 4 adults. It was nothing short of mad chaos for 3 days. But the kids had a blast, so even though I think all the adults involved are exhausted, it was well worth the cousin time they got. I remember the chaos when I was a kid and we would all pile in rooms sleeping on whatever we could find. They are some of the greatest memories.

On the family fun day we went to Kartchner Caverns. I was SO excited, and unfortunately ended up disappointed. Dont get me wrong, the cave is beautiful and its definately worth the trip. But taking 9 kids into a cave where they literally CANT TOUCH ANYTHING, not even the curb below the hand rail..seriously, Porter and my Dad got their head bit off like they stole something. Asking this of small children...is kind of a lot, and mostly just stresses out the parents. Our tour guide was long winded, but was really good about letting all 9 kids ask and endless amount of questions. By the end, I was done carrying Anastyn. (no strollers allowed of course) She was tired, whiny, and hungry. If you know my Sister Girl and how she adores food...you know HUNGRY ANASTYN = Devil child. My claustrophobia and annoyance disorder were getting the best of me. I wanted OUT. After its all said and done, I am glad we went. Will I go back, Sure!! But not with young children.

News on the Transfer front!! We got word that the last step of the paperwork is being completed, and as soon as it is, downtown will slap the stamp of approval on it...which I'm pretty sure will read.."About Flippin Time"...then Kameron will get his transfer!! Get I get a HALLE-FREAKIN-LUJAH?!! We are hoping in the next few weeks, we will both be PERMINANT Sierra Vistans! And can I just say, for my own sanity...I really hope it goes through ASAP. Being a single parent 4 days a week sucks the big one. I'm going to need to be sedated for about a week when he finally starts working down here to catch up on sleep,...and Sanity!

I am going to become a Gym rat. Thats right people, as soon as I get my 2 weeks free, (DUH, why start paying when I can get it free for 2 weeks) I will be the proud parent of the Gym! The rates here are WAY more reasonable then the gyms up in the valley. Here, I get all the classes, equipment, and unlimited child care for the same price as the memberships in the Valley. So lets say good bye to cheesy thighs and butt! 5 days a week I will be swinging my hips in Zumba, and spinning off all the cupcake and candy calories. YEAH! I am finally going to get back into shape, and be where I once was...you know, back in the glory days!

And last but not least...this next Thursday Kam's little brother gets home from his Mission. Not just his mission, but Kameron's mission also. They served in the exact same mission, and in a few of the same areas...and with some of the same people. How awesome is that. I have missed Karsteroonie Spamoonie, and in a few short days, I get to squeeze the bubbles out of him. I cant wait. Porter is so excited to get another Uncle back. Both my kids love Kam's brother...now its just another one to add to the fun.

Well I have rambled enough. Whats a blog post without a picture?! It wouldnt be complete!! So here are a couple random pictures that I think are hysterical.
Porter in HIS glory days. Because seriously, I dont think he can get cuter then this!!!

And Anastyn! I am pretty sure that she is going to hate me when she is older for this picture, but I dont care. I LOVE my kids. Tootle-loo!

3 comments:

Kacy said...

I seriously hope that Kam really gets his transfer soon! And I don't know what you're talking about, if you go to the gym and loose any more weight you will float away in the breeze.

Briana said...

Sounds like you have been busy ;) I am sorry about Kartchner Caverns (don't think I spelled that right) I really hope Kam's transfer comes soon, I know you are looking forward to that. I have to laugh because the picture of Porter, I thought that was Anastyn. I didn't realize how similar they look, especially when they were younger.

Heather said...

I hope the approval goes through fast for you. i know what it feels like to be a single parent. i love both those pictures of the kids porter looks so much like kam in that one. Let me just day how the heck do you have cheesy thighs cause there ios no way you do. you look awesome. well have fun enjoying your free 2 weeks at the gym.