08 April 2010

Jammin' Out!

This past week, some friends of mine and myself ordered 4 cases of strawberries from Bountiful baskets so we could be all domestic and make jam. All these fun girls have canned before, but this was a first for me. I know what you're thinking, and yes...I'm totally domestic! We all met at Molly's and Ashley began to teach me the process. And here she is demonstrating how to stir the strawberries....

.........And she wonders why Kenzi is such a poser!! hahaha

Me making Sarah get in a picture, she's adorable no matter what she tries to tell me. =)

Sarah filling, and me cleaning the brims of the jars before we boil them.

The fruits of our labors!! 111 jars of delicious Strawberry Jam! It was so fun to spend the morning hanging out with hilarious girls, me doing really stupid things, like trying to make the jam boil when the burner isnt even on...and then when I "turn it on" I dont actually light it, more like let gas slowly seep out for like 5 minutes. But after opening a few windows and laughing about it everything was fine. Sorry Molly for almost blowing up your house. Okay, I'm being dramatic once again...shocker...it wasnt as scary as I made it sound. It was more Sarah and Molly laughing at my stupidity, and it lit just fine. Thanks girls for a great morning, and for teaching me how to become more domestic!! I'm even helping grow a garden (a little bit atleast, haha). Ashley is teaching me all sorts of fun new things! And once again Molly was a poop and wouldnt get in any pictures! One of these days Molly...I WILL win! =)
So there Miss Molly!! haha. Here she is. I WIN! lol. She's beautious right? Why she doesnt want pictures is beyond me. =)

3 comments:

Briana said...

Looks like so much fun! I am seriously so sad I missed out!

Mary Anne said...

Domestic diva! And holy cow I've made jam before but NOT THAT MUCH! Wow! Talk about a year supply :) If I run out I know who to call haha!

Erick & Molly said...

GINA!!!!! You STINK!!!