
Okay so this picture is for all you crazy Mountain people...and when I say Mountain people, I am refering to the St Johns, Round Valley, White Mountain people, who celebrate the 24th of July, and not just celebrate it, but REALLY celebrate it with all the festival festivities!! This picture is of me and my sister Amy (I am on the left), when we were growing up and in the prime of us "Celebrating" Pioneer Days! We dressed up like Pioneers, grabbed our baby dolls, pretty much walked a couple laps around the church parking lot, pulling radio flyers, and singin "Pioneer Children Sang as They walked....and walked...and walked...and walked....aaaaaaannnddd waaalked!" haha. (you like my musical talents there didnt you?!!) And when we were done singing and walking, we would have some Hi-C punch and maybe a cookie or two. Then we went home and that was about it. I NEVER knew that this day was such a big deal until I met Kameron!!
When we first met, he invited me to come with him to St Johns for the Pioneer Days Celebration (after like a week of knowing eachother, i know right...I cant believe I went either!!). I didnt even realize what he was inviting me to, but I went. And had SO MUCH FUN! He laughed when I told him what we used to do, and couldnt believe that this town pretty much stopped all business to have Steak Fry's, Parades, Rodeo's, Dances, Campfire Cirlces, Ice Cream socials, and MUCH much more! I thought it was such a great tradition, and I am happy to have my children grow up with this because I wasnt able to. Now every 24th of July, there is never a question, we pack up and head up north for the weekend. This is also the weekend that Kameron and I pretty much fell in love, I know...pitter patter...I am just happy now that Kameron has seen proof that his little "City Slicker" wife grew up with a little Pioneer in her! =) And you have to admit, the homemade bonet and skirt are freakin stylish! I was a trend setter early in life! So here's to many more Pioneer Days in our future! Maybe this year, I'll bust out the sewing machine and wear some Pioneer get-up to make it all the more realistic...or maybe not...




No comments:
Post a Comment