Out like a light, and no diaper. He was completely wet along with every single one of his blakets...and Elmo doll! I was not to happy about doing a load of laundry at midnight both nights, and needed to find a way to keep his diaper on!!!
**
Attempt #1 - Backwards Diaper! This attempt came out with the same result that you see above...wet sheets and blankets! On to plan B...
**
Attempt #2 - Scotch Tape! I did not have duct tape, and so I went with the only thing I had...scotch tape. I went around the waist of his diaper a million times to ensure a stable belt. Here is the result....
Porter's latest fashion statement! The Scotch Tape belt! He managed to get the diaper off, but keep his stylish new belt on! .....On to plan C...
**
Attempt #3 - Duct Tape! I made a special trip to CVS the next day to get some more sturdy tape. I was determined to NOT have to resort to a forth attempt, so I came up with the best way to put the tape on without him wiggling out of it. I did a strip from the belly button (on top of the diaper of course) through the legs and up the back, and then a couple rounds around the top of the diaper to ensure stability! This HAD to work, because if it didnt, lets just say that the last resort involved a small t-shirt tucked into the diaper and some duct tape suspenders! haha. Lucky for Porter this seemed to do the trick!
So for now, thank goodness no more messy nights or mornings! I just hope that he doesnt figure out a way out of this because I would really hate to resort to the suspenders! This kid is such a hand full, but we sure love him!




10 comments:
Have you tried pullups? Ryan did that with his diaper, but was fine with the pullup.
My favorite is that he got the diaper off, but kept on the scotch tape belt. Thanks for the afternoon giggle. None of my kids have taken off diapers...I hope they never do.
I have also heard a good way to keep diapers on for bedtime is to put them in a zip up pajamas backward so the zipper is in the back. good luck. He is a cutie.
LOL. That is pretty good to keep the scotch tape on! Glad the duct tape is working for now.... hopefully that will be all you have to do! :)
Nathan hates to wear a diaper or pullup at night so he takes it off when I'm not looking and ends up soaked. I hate that! I should try the duct tape. :) Porter just must love to sleep in the nude. Maybe it's time to potty train him already.
TOO FUNNY!! He is SO STINKING cute! I thought I had crazy kids! Love it, love it, love it!!!
That is hillarious!!!!!!Thanks for the good laugh! we have lucked out so far that non of our kids did that. Good luck!
I am so happy Ryken doesn't have this problem. But lets just face it Porter likes to give us all a good laugh. Sorry if you weren't really laughing when you had to wash laundry that night. i wouldn't have either. Glad you figured something out. Hope its still working for you. And when the heck are we going to get together!!
This post made me laugh out loud. Keep the pictures for future wedding videos!
oh my gosh gina! the way you told this story made me laugh out loud...
Post a Comment