12 January 2009

B-is for BaBoon, not BamBOO!

Mary Anne, a friend of mine since 6th grade was in town with her adorable little Sadie Mae, so we took the opportunity to hang out and since I had some passes to the Zoo, we thought, what the heck. Lets do it. And I am glad we did. It was so fun to get out for the day and hang out and catch up after way too long! Are those Churros you ask...Why yes, yes they are. They were fresh too...talk about YUMMY!! And I think you can tell by our faces that we thoroughly enjoyed them!
First stop was the Petting Zoo! Seriously...if I were a goat and saw this face walk in...I would RUN!
And this is why! I thought he would be somewhat scared because although this one goat was relatively small...there were some HUGE goats in there.

He made that poor goat his buddy and followed him around for a while. haha.

And just when he thought he had found a hiding place...Porter found him, and yes..He sat on the goat. haha. Poor thing. I had to get a picture real quick before pulling him off. You are not supposed to ride the goats, but Porter I guess didnt really care.

Then we looked at this weird cow with a hump...not sure what it was, but Porter thought it was cool!
Then there was the Baboons! What weird, and UGLY animals they are. Porter thought they were funny, and well, if you look closely at them in the background...Mary Anne and I got a good laugh out of them too. Although she kept calling them bamboo's! Thats okay Mary Anne, I know living in Utah has kind of done something to your brain! (haha, kidding...sorta! lol)

The happy 4 at the orangatans! Sadie slept through most of the Zoo but woke up long enough for a group picture. Isnt she sweet, it made me that much more excited for a girl!

And of course Porter had to ride the Merry-Go-Round. It was kind of fast, so Mary Anne couldnt get that great of pictures. After walking what seemed FOREVER up and down hills, we were pooped and ready to call it a day. Phoenix Zoo is a LOT of walking with what I think it kind of not a lot to see, but it was fun anyways, to get to hang out with an old friend and talking about how weird it is that we are all grown up and married with kids of our own.


We hung out for a little while after the Zoo and tried to get Porter to give Sadie a kiss...well I think he has moved to the scared stage of girls. After a little girl in his nursery class crushed on him and would love on him for two hours every Sunday, he just wants to keep his distance! Good job Porter, lets keep this up til you get home from your mission!

Thanks Mary Anne for hanging out and it was great to catch up. Whats life without good friends! I just wish you lived closer so we could hang out more often!!

1 comment:

Aaron & Jayme said...

I miss the zoo! There are so many things I took for granted while living our in Maricopa. Looks like you guys had fun! What a good time to go while the weather's nice!