12 January 2009
New Calling!
Okay, so I am so sick of looking at my fat belly everytime I check my blog...so I decided to finally update everyone...mainily people in my ward...as to why the Lee Family has and will be absent in the Maricopa 2nd ward...for who knows how long. I guess its true what they say, "there's no rest for the weary"! It felt like once I got the hang of one calling I would get another. Seriously, this is my 6th calling in just over a year...and ALL in different auxillaries. Little did I know I was being prepared for something bigger. The week before Christmas we recieved a call from someone in the High Counsel and he wanted to meet with us. I laughed at Kameron thinking it was going to be for him, and that my little bubble was in no danger to be popped on me. Well, I was wrong. VERY wrong. Our little family was called to serve in the San Tan Branch, which is out on the Gila River reservation. We are no longer members of the Maricopa 2nd ward! However please dont forget about me!! I still live in the same place. I will admit I went home crying and it took me a little while to get used to the fact that I was going from hundreds of people on sunday to talk to, to about 20! And from about 15 nursery kids for Porter to play with (and thats only one nursery class out of three!!) to him being the only nursery age child! I was in shock, but after attending the San Tan Branch for the past two Sundays, I know it will be such a blessing to serve these wonderful people, and become familiar with a whole new culture. Kameron is serving as the Young Men's president, and me...well I havent heard what I will be called to yet...but I know it will be coming in the next week or so. So far we have already said the prayer...a couple times, and we are speaking next sunday in Sacrament. It is going to be a very growing experience, and I wish that I had the missionary personality as Kameron does, but I know I will learn. I feel pretty blessed that out of thousands of members we are of a choice few to get to serve this branch. And once Porter adjusts a little better, I am sure he will love the up close and personal interaction as well. Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways, but I have never been one to argue with him. If this is where our family is meant to be, then every Sunday with a good attitude and an open heart, the long trek across the reservation we'll make!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment