05 December 2008

Story of the YEAR: Live and Learn!

.................THE VICTIM - DADDY..............

..................THE CULPRIT - PORTER.................


.................THE VERDICT - DADDY LOCKED OUT.............

******As many of our friends and family know, we do not recieve cell phone service in our home. Talk about a major pain!! So in order to make a long distance phone call, (our home phone is just local) we have to exit the house in order to recieve signal. With that being said I can start my story!!
******Last night December 4th, 2008 I decided to attend an Enrichment activity and leave the boys for some Father and Son bonding time. Before leaving the house, I was NOT able to find my cell phone. After searching, I gave up and left. MISTAKE #1 - NEVER, and I repeat NEVER leave your child with Daddy, without a way of communication! RESULT - Daddy being locked outside for 45 MINUTES because he wasnt able to get a hold of Mommy, who was the only one with keys to the house.
******I returned home around 8:45 pm, to the look of a NOT so happy Daddy!! This is when I recieved the lecture of why I always need to carry my cell phone with me!!
******Here's how it happened - Kameron needed to make a long distance phone call, so he exited the home into the backyard, leaving Porter inside! MISTAKE #2 - NEVER, and I repeat NEVER are we allowed outside into the backyard without taking Porter! He loves being outside, and seeing us out there through glass...will turn into a fit! RESULT - Porter pulling the latch down and LOCKING Daddy out in the cold!!!
******Now here is the FUNNIEST part and I feel the BIGGEST mistake of ALL!!!
MISTAKE #3 - NEVER, and I repeat NEVER exit the home to make a long distance phone call, leaving a very ticked off 20 month old master mind inside, when wearing NOTHING but your G's (underwear)!!!! Yes, Kameron wasnt wearing anything but his G's and black socks!!! HAHAHAHA. Not that being locked out of the house wasnt bad enough, but not having any clothes on, makes it that much better!!! (I am seriously crying typing this right now!!)
******Here is a mental picture for all of you guys: Kameron standing on the back porch in his skibbies, dancing from the cold trying to explain to a CHILD how to unlock the door. Porter looked at him like he was an idiot, and you can guess how successful that was for Kameron! After lots of phone calls, and every desperate attempt to get a hold of someone, he finally called our friend Aaron to come to the rescue! Through tears of laughter, Aaron, who was a locksmith in another life, was able to pick the front door and save Kameron from the embarassing situation he brought upon himself! I just wish I were there to see Aaron's face and to also snap a few pictures!!
******When I asked Kameron what my sweet and innocent little child was doing all the while he stood in the cold he simply said "He sat on the couch and watched Sponge Bob, and LAUGHED at me every time I knocked on the glass door!" haha. Seriously I dont think this story could get any funnier! I can imagine Porter's face looking very similar to the picture above!! Although, after Kameron LITERALLY froze his behind off, he was able to laugh at himself...because lets be honest, it was pretty freakin HILARIOUS!! He did try to act mad while telling me the story of what happened, probably hoping that I would feel guilty about his unfortunate situation, I did what any good wife would do! I fell to the floor rolling and laughing til I cried!! =)
******A big lesson learned, and I will be using the FRONT door, a door Porter canNOT reach, to exit and make phone calls. This kid seriously NEVER surprises me with the things he can do, its a little scary to be honest! But I can laugh and be glad that I wasnt the one to have to learn the hard way! "Daddy of the Year Award" definately goes to Kameron on this one! Way to go Babe!!

15 comments:

Rebecca said...

I have to admit, I giggled! We also didn't get any cell service pretty much anywhere in Maricopa at all - we were using AT&T/Cingular. We heard Verizon was much better and so we switched and can now use our cell phones inside of our house. I used to sit on the front driveway making phone calls. I know your pain! What service do you use?

Erin said...

Oh my gosh!! What a great story. I especially loved the part of Porter watching Sponge Bob and laughing at each knock. Hilarious! Way to go Kameron.

Nicole said...

That is too funny:) I've had that happen too, but luckily not in my undies:) Thanks for the laugh!

Amanda Stephan said...

Funniest thing I have ever heard!!! I told Rob and he thought it was hilarious too! ha ha.

Nicole said...

I dont know how that could get any funnier!!!!! I'm glad everything turned out okay and no one got hurt(otherwise it wouldnt be as funny)
Maybe its time for a hidden key outside :)

ToddNSass said...

Poor Kameron! Thank you for the good laugh! Your kid seriously rocks. How cute!

Alvin & Jessica Pease said...

that is pretty hillarious i have to admit. Thanks for sharing!!! ill have to tell alvin to read this, im sure he will get a kick out of it.

Cara said...

Yep both me and Justin enjoyed this story. SO tell kam thanks for the entertaining story. I still can't get over the fact that he was in his undies while on the phone outside. Freaking funny story! I too loved that Porter just laughed everytime he knocked. I can so see him doing that. Its like you get it for not letting me go out there with you. : )

*** said...

Gina that cracked me up....I cannot get over him sitting on the couch watching sponge bob and laughing at Kameron it just kills me. Im sure Kameron was saying some pretty choice words while he was freezing outside. Boys are so fun aren't they! I can already see the mischef Ty is going to come up with, they both have that devilish smile.

Matt and Jayna said...

Oh man, that story was hilarious! I had to tell Matt about it and then had him read it also. I can only imagine how funny it must of been. I just pictured it all. I also loved that Porter just sat and watched Spongebob while it all happened. So funny!

Anonymous said...

That was just too funny not share. I had to read it my hubby!!! Love it and thanks to your hubby and son for a great laugh!!!

Haymore Family said...

That is the funniest thing i have ever hear! wow i hope bryson and porter never become friends because we would be in so much trouble! They sound way to much alike!

Haymore Family said...

That is the funniest thing i have ever hear! wow i hope bryson and porter never become friends because we would be in so much trouble! They sound way to much alike!

Krystin said...

i had a pretty darn good laugh! your words made it come to life and i could seriously see the whole thing happen in my head! i'm still giggling thinking about it and writing you!

Marzan Mania said...

HILARIOUS!