Grammy got Porter out of bed that morning and as you can tell Porter wasnt sure what to do with all the presents.
But soon figured it all out. We got a Wii from my parents for Christmas...and its been played pretty much non-stop since.
Then Porter opened his presents, he got Sponge Bob jammies, books, movies, and this piano from Grammy and Tata, and a cute little Tow truck from Cousin Lexi! Spoiled little monkey!
He wanted everything opened and put together right away...so here he is helping Daddy put together the piano! Then they left later that day and headed to my brother's in Tucson. Thanks mom and dad for coming all the way to our house to see us for Christmas. Sure made my spirit more Bright! =)*
*
*
Christmas Eve -
*
*
*
Kameron had to work all through the Christmas Holiday, 3pm-11pm everyday to be exact! So Christmas Eve it was just going to be Porter and I since I didnt want to drive an hour in the crazy traffic to get to family all by myself. On Christmas Eve he got called out a few hours early, which I was really bummed about at the time...but there wasnt much I could do about it. Lucky for us, the officer Kameron was riding along with is a friend of ours, so he and his family invited us over for dinner and to spend Christmas Eve at their house since they live close enough for the boys to take a "dinner" break and eat with us! I ended up getting two hours with Kameron that night eating super yummy steak and mashed potatoes! It turned out to be a great Christmas Eve after all.
Porter found this hat and wore it all over their house.
Mike and Kameron playing the Wii probably while Amanda and I were sitting at the table talking all night and eating pie. What can I say....we're both pregnant! Thanks Amanda and Mike for having us over!*
*
*
Christmas Day -
*
*
*
Kameron's family came over for Christmas Day. We kept Porter in his room until his family could get there so they could see Porter's reaction to his presents.
After Santa came that night...it wasnt a very big Christmas this year, but we still got LOTS!
Porter loved his new "baketball" hoop! And tried to play with his football! haha. Maybe we have a new sport on our hands!
Porter opening his gift from Grandma Lee, a talking Elmo!
He got a little people Police Car from Mommy and Daddy! He also LOVED helping everyone open their presents. I dont think I even opened one this year! He was quite the little helper!
Porter was loving being the lead singer for the new Guitar Hero World Tour that Kameron got for Christmas to go with our Wii!!
Everyone rocked out all day Christmas Day...and maybe for a couple days after! Then we ate lots of yummy food, and just relaxed.
The only Christmas picture I could get of us in front of the tree. Porter was NOT interested in pictures when there was so much to do! It was right before Kameron left Christmas Day to once again...go to work!
Then Saturday we were able to go to a Sealing of a friend/family member. It was the absolutely best way to end the Christmas weekend! I have been to a lot of sealings, but this one was absolutely amazing. I have watched this family work towards this goal for a while, and to see them meet this goal, was awesome. I dont think I have ever cried this hard in a sealing, the spirit was so strong, there wasnt a dry eye in the house. Hearing children sealed to their parents was indescribeable, and the hear those words again made me really appreciate having those own blessings in my life. I think Kameron and I both walked out with tear stained cheeks and a greater appreciation for our Savior. And there was no better way than to end this wonderful Season with a heart FULL of gratitude for our blessings! Thanks April for including us on your special day! We hope everyone had a great Christmas, because I couldnt have asked for a better one!




2 comments:
That is so nice that you got to see your parents to before Christmas Eve. I bet that did brighten your holiday. : ) And i am sure you are loving the talking Elmo Porter got. : ) We got Ryken a mickey mouse that talks and i didn't think it would annoy me so much. HAHA! But we are glad you guys had such a great Christmas. Next time we come over we will have to play a little WII.
Thanks again for coming, it was fun. and I like that picture of Mike! :)
Post a Comment