08 July 2008

Our little "Firecracker"!

For the 4th of July weekend we took the opportunity to head back up to Pinetop to spend the weekend with my family at our cabin. The weather was once again....fabulous....and it rained everyday in the afternoon. There was nothing like cuddling up with a book and a blanket on the porch and watch it rain. I of course being the spaz that I am decided kind of last minute that we were going to go up there, and forgot my camera. Whaaa!! I was seriously SOOO sad, and really debated going and buying another digital camera so I could get the pictures of him at the fireworks! (we need a new camera anyways) But I didnt, and now I am just patiently awaiting my sister and mom to send me the pictures I took of Porter with their cameras! Porter had so much fun playing with my sister's kids Brooke and Jai out on the front porch and couldnt get enough of Tata (my dad)!! He would seriously walk around saying "Ta--ta---Ta--ta!!" Porter is such a crack up. We went friday night and enjoyed some yummy steak on the grill at my Aunt's cabin before the fireworks. Then Porter was able to enjoy his first firework show!! He was too small last year so we didnt even go. haha. But he sat on our lap and made his "OH" face everytime one popped! He was so good and enjoyed lots of M&M's! (it was the only way I could keep him awake!!) We spent the rest of the week relaxing, and eating lots of yummy food. I love that my family has a nice place to retreat during the horrible summer months of the valley. I am grateful for our trips up there every year!

Kameron also got some phony handcuffs from some guys at work as a going away gift...along with some plastic guns. (His last day is tomorrow...yeah!) So naturally Daddy decided it was a good way to teach Porter some manners! Clearly from the face it was more of a joke than anything else!!


The only way he thought to pry them off is how he does everything else.....USES HIS MOUTH!! It was hilarious to watch him try to figure them out.

We had such a great 4th, hope everyone else had a great 4th as well!!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

So glad you guys had fun! Porter is so cute! We were in Pinetop for the 4th as well and I have to agree with you that the weather was great! I love it up there! we are going back up in a couple of weeks and I can not wait for the cool weather again!

Katlyn Papa said...

Sounds like a blast. The weather here is amazing this time of year. I love it when it rains in the afternoons. Love the candcuffs too! Porter is adorable.

Melissa said...

I feel like I fell of the earth for a bit, but I think I'm back! I'm just catching up on your blog and I see that Kameron got the DPS job that he wanted so bad! Are you still nervous? Porter is getting so big!