I dont know what it is with this age, but its dangerous. Maybe its the walking, talking, mischeivous stage that brings on major bumps and bruises! I was so excited for Porter to walk, because then I wouldnt have to lug around a 24 pound kid on my hip any longer! Well, I now wish I could back track to the days where he layed on a blanket and couldnt move. In the past month that he has been walking this is the SECOND head injury he has sustained. The first being falling off the couch (he was running away from me because he isnt allowed to stand or run on the couch) and fell backwards off into a very hard wooden chest we have as a coffee table. Peanut sixed bump. Literally, it was huge. Then yesterday we were getting ready to leave for a very busy day when he decided to run around the corner of the couch and his little foot didnt quite make it. From the picture above you cant really see his ear very well...but if you look hard, you will see that it is like 3 times its normal size and bruised and bloody! He fell and hit his ear on the metal part of the chest...NOT GOOD. So we did take him to urgent care to make sure he didnt have anything worse than the blood and swelling. He had two little cuts that the doc said wouldnt be worth holding him down to give him stitches. (Thank goodness!!) So Porter squeeked by without having to get his first set of stitches. He was such a trooper and didnt seem to really mind his ear being huge and swollen. He definately looked like a beaten child, but what can you do? Kameron was sitting right there when it happened, but the little booger is so fast. Here is a closer look at his poor little ear!
It looks much better in this picture because it was after the dr cleaned up all the blood. This morning it is even more bruised, but the swelling has gone down a little. I am sure this is just the start of many more bumps and bruises, but I hate this part of being a mom. Porter is one tough little guy thats for sure, and if I could just teach him not to walk like a whino...maybe this would happen a little less!




5 comments:
Poor guy that looks painful! And no, the bumps, blood and bruises never stop!
Poor thing! What a tough little guy!
I found your blog today. Your little boy is so cute. I little girl fell so many times when she started walking it was crazy.
OUCH! That seriously looks like it would kill. I love that he's smiling in the picture though...he's a pretty tough boy!
I think you called me yesterday but I missed ya. I called you back and left a message. Maybe you were just calling to say hey...HEY! Call me anytime. Dusty will be gone for a month and I'm sure I would love to chat with a friendly voice!
Oh poor little guy! For some reason Garet can't wait until Paige starts crawling everywhere and walking....I am like you and don't really want her to yet. Thats when it gets hard to watch them.
Post a Comment