We of course had to take Porter on the 4-wheeler!
And his favorite, the go-cart. He didnt want to get off, so we let him play on it.
We also spent most of the time in St Johns outside so Porter could ride all the cars and bikes out back. This is something we dont get to do in the summer time at home! He loves being outside, so he was in absolute heaven!
We went to Snowflake Temple for Karston's endowments (this was the reason for the trip!) and it was really neat to see him go through. I love the temple there, its small, but it is so beautiful and peaceful is a small town.
After the temple we were off to my parent's cabin in Pinetop. Some friends of ours, Matt and Amber Durfee, were able to spend the weekend with us as well. We ate yummy mexican food and hung out and relaxed.
Matt and Amber relaxing on the front deck swing, enjoying the nice weather.
Porter loved playing with all the toys Grammy and Tata have at the cabin, and enjoyed running in and out the front door, over....and over...and over again! And yes he is wearing a SWEATSHIRT!! It had started raining and huge hail started falling, so we actually had to bundle up and sit with blankets out on the front deck. It was fabulous!
We ate at El Rancho twice while we were there (SO YUMMY!! My favorite!) and Matt kept feeding Porter lemons and limes and Porter kept eating them and making sour faces. It was great entertainment and it kept us laughing the whole time.
Porter hanging out with daddy after eating yogurt. I had to add this one because his cheesy grin is just too cute.
Amber and I once again enjoying the weather. We spent the whole day sunday pretty much hanging out outside.
And last but not least our little family. It was so nice to hang out in the cool weather this weekend, and it made me miss the cabin SOO much. I want to go back there and spend more time! There is just something about the smell of pine trees, having to wear a sweater in June/July, and the relaxing deck to sit out and enjoy the mountains. Nothing beats the cabin!




6 comments:
FUN! Justin and I really need to go up there with you sometime. Maybe when he gets his new schedule and has saturdays off. And then Kam will have weekends off from the academy. It will be relaxing for all of us. :) And El Rancho is yummy! I want to get out of this heat so bad too!
Ah, I'm so jealous! This heat is just miserable. I can't wait for our vacation to Utah/Idaho in a few weeks. Cooler weather...
Glad you got to enjoy some cool weather. Is that a giant drool about to fall on the bear? Just wondering :)
Hey I need your e-mail address! I'm making the switch to private today. E-mail me it at jaymewelly41@msn.com Thanks!
how fun! you have the cutest little family! it has been so hot im sure you had so much fun! a cool break would be so nice! and im not gonna lie i was totally going for sierra vista, but im happy for you guys congrats to kameron!
We went to Snowfalke for the 4th too!! We also did a session at the temple, and loved the weather! Glad you had fun!!
Post a Comment