16 June 2008

Happy Father's Day!!

I just wanted to post a little about Kameron to say Happy Father's day and tell him how much we appreciate and love him. We were able to go stay at a Resort friday night because Kamarie and Reed were nice enough to watch Porter for THE WHOLE WEEKEND! Kameron and I have not had a night somewhere together since we had Porter 14 months ago! So we decided to take the opportunity and I found a good deal online for the Point Hilton Squaw Peak Resort. This was the first time Porter has slept away from home without us...so I was really sad to say the least to watch him drive off with Reed. Although we missed him very much, we really enjoyed the time together. We went shoppping, and to dinner and hung out in the hot tub before bed. Then we woke up and went to the little water park they have and rode the lazy river.








Kameron and I hanging out at the pool. Notice I have a shirt on and was sitting in the shade, I dont need anymore of a tan, Kameron however was letting himself fry! =)





On Father's day I woke up extra early because I couldnt remember the last time I made Kameron breakfast in bed. It made quite a mess because I did the whole shabang, but it was well worth it I think.

We went over to Queen Creek for dinner, and to pick up Porter. Thanks Reed and Kamarie for watching him and feeding us some yummy roast. I know how much Porter loves his daddy, and I love the fact that he is such a Daddy's boy. He lights up whenever he hears Kameron walk in the door from work, and the look on his face yesterday when we got there and Porter saw Kameron after the long weekend away from home. Kameron is such a great dad, and I cant wait to see him with our little girl (whenever she decides to join our family down the road!!). No I am not pregnant, but I hope to have a little girl sometime in my future...I hope! I am so grateful for Kameron and the wonderful husband he is to me as well. I could not have picked a better man than him to be the father of my children. And in light of Kameron I decided I would post something that was REALLY funny to me when I stumbled acrossed it. When I was a beehive in YW's we made a Temple Box, and we also made a list of everything we want our husbands to be to put in that box. So here it goes...lets see how Kameron measures up to my past expectations! (keep in mind I was 12 when I wrote this!! haha)

MY SPOUSE!!!

1.) Handsome - I think I conquered this one, definately!!!

2.) Nice Personality - yet another of his traits...but his is better than nice!

3.) Good Self-Esteem - Okay, random! But yeah he has this too.

4.) Honest - I'm batting 4 for 4

5.) Morman - Check! Maybe this should have been a little higher on my list.

6.) Return Missionary - Again check, but my priorities were a little different then I guess.

7.) Thinks of other people - His best quality, but also his biggest fault!

8.) Good Kisser! - HAHAHAHA. I hadnt even kissed anyone at this point, how would I know what a good kisser was?

9.) Keeps Word of Wisdom - Check!!

10.) Good Dresser - I have to say his dressing has drastically improved. haha, but yes he is a good dresser!!

11.) Charming - This he is! He even charms the old ladies at the grocery store. haha.

12.) Athletic - And yes!

Clearly my priorities have changed quite a bit, but I think its pretty dang good that I can check every single one of these things off. He has exceeded my expectations of both husband and Father, so I can easily say that I am the luckiest girl alive. Thanks Kameron for being so great to both of us. We love you so much!!
Real quick I want to tell my dad how much I love and appreciate him. He is the most self-less person and is constantly thinking of his kids. He was always there for me when I needed him and was the most supportive dad in the world. Example: When I was playing Volleyball for MCC, he drove all the way to Prescott (like 6 hours or more form our home town) to watch me play in a two day tournament and slept in the camper part of his truck to see both days, then as soon as it was over he gave me a hug told me I did great, and got in his truck and drove the 6 hours home. He also made it to every single one of my Volleyball games in Mesa, even if it was a wednesdy night and he had to drive straight to the gym and straight home. (6 hours round trip!!) I always knew he loved and supported me in everything I did, and I knew I could always count on his face in the stands cheering me on. He is also the best Tata in the world too. You can see how much he loves his grandchildren and would do anything for any one of them. He also drove to Queen Creek and back home last month for Brooklynn's kindergarten graduation. I love that I can always count on my dad to be there, rain or shine! Thanks dad for being the greatest dad and Tata in the world I love you!!! ...............................Porter with his Tata!



The Two best dad's in the world! I love you guys!!!!!

3 comments:

Cara said...

Happy Fathers day to Kam! Sounds like you guys had a really fun time. And how nice of Kamarie and Reed to watch Porter for you. Glad you guys were able to have such a great time. :)

Marci said...

Looks like you guys had a great father day. Oh and Gina I don't think you are tan enough! :)

Matt and Amber said...

Gosh Gina that whole Father's Day tribute was awesome!. It almost made me cry. It make me feel like a shmuck for not doing anything on my blog. Maybe next year Matt will be a Dad and I can do the same.