So its official, Porter is now the proud owner of two beautiful and shiny new Tubes! We have had a constant battle with ear infections, and so tubes were the option to completely rid of them. Porter was such a trooper through it all, waking up at 5:20, not eating breakfast, and waking up from the nasty anestetics. I was able to suit up, in an incredibly attractive gown and cap might I add, and go in with him while they were putting him under. It was a lot harder then I thought to watch, but he did great. I think this whole process was harder on me then it was on him though. I was the one worried out of my mind, and he didnt even know what was coming. I know, I know.... its such a minor thing and tons of kids have been put under and have had tubes...but heres the thing, MY KID hasnt! So it was new and scary to me and I lost a lot of sleep last night. But I am so relieved it went well and Porter is back to playing and goofing around as usual. So hopefully this is the end of all ear infections and we are on the road to a 100% healthy happy little boy!
19 June 2008
Riddens to Ear Infections!!
So its official, Porter is now the proud owner of two beautiful and shiny new Tubes! We have had a constant battle with ear infections, and so tubes were the option to completely rid of them. Porter was such a trooper through it all, waking up at 5:20, not eating breakfast, and waking up from the nasty anestetics. I was able to suit up, in an incredibly attractive gown and cap might I add, and go in with him while they were putting him under. It was a lot harder then I thought to watch, but he did great. I think this whole process was harder on me then it was on him though. I was the one worried out of my mind, and he didnt even know what was coming. I know, I know.... its such a minor thing and tons of kids have been put under and have had tubes...but heres the thing, MY KID hasnt! So it was new and scary to me and I lost a lot of sleep last night. But I am so relieved it went well and Porter is back to playing and goofing around as usual. So hopefully this is the end of all ear infections and we are on the road to a 100% healthy happy little boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
It doesn't matter if a billion and half kids have had that surgery....it still is worrisome! I know I would panic if it was my kid. You never know if your little one will be the one in a thousand that has some sort of complication! I am glad that all went well.
Gina that is just the saddest thing! Poor little Porter :( I am glad to hear that you are both doing better!Also When did you guys go to california? The weather was so nice when we went.. I totally wanna move!! We need to get together sometime for a lil playdate!
We've been battling ear infections with Riley ever since he was born too. Surprisingly he's slipped through the crack every time we've had a test period. The Dr's wanted to see how many he had in 3 months, NONE! After our 3 month test period, he had one every other month.
The things we parents go through with our kids :)
Glad to hear Porter's doing good! Poor thing
Glad it went so well. Jameson had them in Nov. and it has made a world of difference. Jameson started speaking the day after he had them and now he's our little parrot. I just wish they'd done them sooner, but you know how insurance goes. I'm so glad they did Porter's earlier and glad he's done well with it all.
Post a Comment