18 March 2008

MacGyver

So last thursday while I was at my Volleyball games Kameron called and told me of a new talent Porter had taught himself. I thought clapping, walking, or giving a kiss....what I didnt expect was this....

And ever since then, its his favorite thing to do. I have to keep it closed at all times because he is fast! Yesterday I was getting him dressed for his dr appt, and had to run into the laundry room to get a diaper mid diaper change. Well before I even got back (and I ran) he had made his way OUT the doggie door and was sitting on the cold concrete bare bottomed! Even though I knew this day would most likely come, its so depressing that it actually has. He is our little MacGyver and is just so smart and can figure out pretty much anything. The other day he found his shoe on the ground and tried to put it on his foot because he knew thats where it went! Needless to say Kameron and I are way over our heads with this kid, and boy CAN I wait to see what his toddler years have in store for us!!!

2 comments:

Meagan said...

And so it begins.....our doggie door is always closed, too. I thought a couple weeks ago that maybe Hudson wouldn't care anymore that maybe he would just leave it alone or just play with it. So I left it open and just watched him. I was standing right next to it talking on the phone- watching him play with it, and all of a sudden- out he goes! Before I could even grab him, so I had to walk all the way around and grab him! Our little stinkers :)

Cara said...

I had to laugh at this. It is so funny. I am just glad that we will not have this problem, since Pooka's doggy door is so tiny. And as you know we have a big baby. :)