If I had a nickel for every time I lost Porter's binkie, I think I would be a millionaire. Or atleast thats how it seems. I was down to one binkie yesterday when I was watching the kids I nanny for. Well somewhere between leaving there and arriving at my aunts house (it was a non stop trip mind you) I lost the last one!! He really isnt that attached to it, but when he is sick thats one of the only things to keep him from crying. So it was NOT fun to say the least when it came to nap time. After we left my Aunts house, we had to stop at Target to finish up my Christmas shopping and he was being the BIGGEST pill. So I went directly to the baby section, took a package of binkies off the rackm opened it, and gave him one. What else was I supposed to do....I needed to finish my shopping with atleast one shred of sanity! Plus, I really doubt that I am the first mom to pay for an already used binkie...or a half eaten box of something or other. I know my mom did it with me growing up. Well anyways, we finally get home and Porter is rolling around on the floor with his brand new binkie while I was cleaning up the Kitchen. When I take a second look at him literally ONE minute later the binkie is gone! So I went over to look for it to give it back to him.....and its NO WHERE to be seen. I'm no dummy...I know that binkies dont just vanish into thin air and Porter is big, but not big enough to swallow it. Or maybe I had a little Houdini on my hands!! There was only one other possibility.....REX!! Now Rex has always been kind of a horter, but he left the baby things alone for the most part (or so I thought). I went outside to check the back yard and lo and behold.....There it was.
Exhibit A:

He even has the guilty look on his face!!!! He knew he was in trouble. I have finally cracked the missing binkies case!! Which made me wonder how many other binkies are buried in the back yard?? And possible other toys that have disappeared over the past few months. I guess we will find that out when Kameron tills the back yard when we do our landscaping!! What a sneaky little dog we have. I guess thats what we get for getting Rex a doggie door. Before I know it he will have the baby in the back yard eating mud! But atleast now I know if the binkie is missing....Rex will be the most likely suspect!
3 comments:
that is too funny! At least your dog door is a little smaller than ours- hopefully Porter won't be able to squeeze out :)
Ok, that is hilarious!!! Sneaky little dog! lol.
What a sneak! Thats so funny. Porter is getting so big. We need to get together soon!
Post a Comment