08 November 2007

New kicks and a Calling!


I bought some converse shoes for Porter a few months back when I found a lady on Craigs List selling a bunch of boys clothes for super cheap! They were too big at the time...but check'em out! They fit him and are so dang adorable I couldnt help but take a picture. I also found the hat at Once Upon a Child a second hand clothes store for babies, so that we can keep his little head warm at the St Johns football game we are going to tomorrow night. And I have come to the conclusion that Kameron and I are in trouble...girls are going to be knocking down our door for this little Lady Killer! =)

On another topic, tuesday evening I recieved a call from the second counselor in the Bishopric wanting to meet with me last night. Which only means one thing....I got a calling. I guess I could only slip by for so long without getting a calling in such a large ward. I play volleyball every thursday with the primary president...so I should have seen this coming! But she snatched me up and I am now over the CTR 7 class. I have never been in primary, and I am not sure how to teach kids this age. I have only taught Relief Society and Nursery and everyone knows that neither of those classes pay attention. LOL So I am slightly nervous, but I am sure it will be a lot of fun. So if any of you have any advise for me, the more the merrier!! Another thing that makes this calling even funnier....Kameron gets to have Porter EVERY SUNDAY!!! We usually take turns because he likes to fuss for me the whole 3 hours. But Porter is always an angel and perfect for Kameron. And the last words Kameron said to me as I walked out the door to the meeting were "I support you!" And support me he will do. haha. Needless to say I am very excited to start and be part of primary, and learn from the kids...and hopefully teach them a thing or two while I am there.

8 comments:

Nicole said...

Porter is so dang cute! Just thought I'd let you know that I'm making my blog private, so if you'd like an invite, email me at kasideenicole@yahoo.com. Thanks:)

Anonymous said...

I am still smiling from that last photo- he is so darn cute! =) So what are you going to the St Johns game for- is that where your hubby is from?
So we may need one of your friends to play on our team with us if they would want to. =) I have one girl who is wanting to play but isn't sure if she will be moving in January or not so if she ends up moving we will need one more. I'll let you know when it gets closer to January so you know whether to ask or not.
Oh and have fun in primary! I just got released from primary- I taught the 8 yr olds for a year and then th 11 yr olds for a year. It's fun! They love treats and games (which can most times be used as bribes to pay attention).
Oh and last thing, I think it would be fun to play volleyball with you all on a Thursday. You should talk to my sister and convince her to go and then I'll go with her. =)

The Ray Family said...

Holy Cow your little boy is cute! Too bad he's not a little older, him and my little jayda would be so cute :) You'll love primary it's a heck of a lot more fun and easier than relief society would be. I can't believe you taught in relief society, that would just freak me out lol by the way I dont think you know who this is...I know kameron, our dads were best friends growing up their whole lives. Our blog is cndray.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

He's so cute! I love those shoes, too. Tate has a pair of vans that I can't wait until he can fit into, so I can understand how exciting it is that he finally gets to wear them. Hey, i want to play vball too. I played in high school, so if there's room for more, let me know. Good luck with primary. I teach sunbeams, so unfortunately, I have no good advice!

Anonymous said...

i just emailed you mine and my sisters #'s. hopefully we can get together soon. i'd love to meet you (i feel like i already know you since we have a lot in common) =).
have a good day!

Anonymous said...

His so so stinking cute!! Just had to comment on how adorable he is. Good luck in primary!

Anonymous said...

We are moving into the Pecan Creek South Community- I believe the crossroads are Combs/Gantzel. Where is your family moving? That is funny that they have the same move in dates... that would be cool if we are close! Our builder is DR Horton- do you know who theirs is?
Ya we shoud for sure plan a play date. I am pretty open since I stay at home. =) Let me know what you think!

Melly Mel said...

Gina! You are going to be so amazing in Primary! The kids are lucky to have you. I remember how good you were in Relief Society. Also your sweet son is too cute and happy! Is he just always smiling? Glad to hear all is well! I miss you guys!