26 November 2007

Gobble Gobble!


So we are finally home from our Thanksgiving weekend in St Johns. It was a lot of fun, but very tiring at the same time. Porter decided he wasnt going to sleep...not even nap, which made the trip a little rough on mom and dad. We went up wednesday afternoon and was there through sunday. We made wreaths, played Mafia (and everyone is still alive thank goodness), played white elephant gift, and watched lots of movies. On Thanksgiving day I was able to have the best of both worlds. My parents were in Pinetop all by themselves because all the kids were with the in laws, so they drove up to St. Johns and spent the day with the Lee's. It was so fun to have them there for the day. Porter of course was the main entertainment. That kid is seriously going to have the funnest personality, he is always laughing and making faces. I just love Thanksgiving because it reminds me all that I am grateful for. My husband, my family, my little Porter who bring so much happiness into our lives, for our health, and for the gospel. Kameron and I were just talking about how much joy a child brings into our lives and that we shouldnt have waited so long to have him, and that we cant wait to have another. If every one knew the feeling of being parents, people wouldnt wait to have them. They are the funnest and most rewarding thing in this world. And I am so grateful for the gospel and the opportunity that Kameron and I are able to have an eternal family and that we are sealed for all eternity. And as Kameron said yesterday in the car "We are just so stinkin blessed" and its so true!

We got home about 6pm last night and I for some reason was motivated to start my christmas decorations. I thought that Kameron and I could just get the tree up and I could decorate it today along with all the other christmas stuff...well I was wrong. I know myself better that I shouldnt have even started. Because I worked non stop until it was all done. Its so fun to be in a house this year and be able to use ALL of my christmas decorations, and not have to pick and choose what I want to use, like I had the past couple years in the condo! And its looks absolutely fabulous if I may say so myself. I will have to post pictures of them later. But to go along with all my other decorations, I had my wreath to hang up that Karen, Kamarie and I made this past weekend. Thanks Karen for getting all the stuff! (If you want to see Pictures of them, you will have to visit Kamarie's blog, she is going to post them I think)

So since I have been out of town for almost a week, I havent been able to blog stalk like I usually do, so I had to catch up this morning. Porter was entertaining himself out in the living room in his Jumparoo, but that didnt last long. Since we have been with so many people the past week he has been SUPER spoiled and wants attention non stop. So I took him out of the jumper and put him on the ground with LOTS of toys in hopes to keep him away from my christmas tree. Well I was popping my head around the corner to check on him as I continued to blog stalk every few minutes. Well I guess I got sucked into the computer and realized that I hadnt checked on Porter in about 10 minutes. I can hear him as I walk into the main area of the house....but he is no where to be seen. Not in the kitchen, not in front of the couches where I left him, luckily not by the christmas tree, but in the corner of the living room......
This is a picture of what our living room looks like. Note: in the far left corner is a small table with a lamp on it by the sliding glass door...And I had left Porter in front of the entertainment center in the middle of the room. This is where I find Porter!! Please pay no attention to the dirty curtains...Rex's doggie door is right there and with no landscaping in the back yard...its impossible to keep that corner clean! Hopefully we will have a back yard soon so I can have clean curtains again!!
Notice the dark marks on the legs of the table! They are a result of this.....
So Yucky!! This kid licks EVERYTHING!!! SO anyways, I couldnt help but laugh...the kid isnt even crawling yet, but he is all over the place. I am in BIG trouble.
And this is a picture of my incredibly weird dog Rex watching me blog upside down. What a weirdo!

So that pretty much sums up our Thanksgiving weekend. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Marci said...

Gina I am so excited that you have a blog too; Chari and I talked Giselle in to starting one. Porter is getting so big I haven't seen him since Elijah graduation party and his was just a little guy then. We totally have to make plans to hang out I am only gone now on Tuesdays and Thursdays so any other day works for me. Let me know or just call me. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

taytum said...

I can't wait to have kids. It does seem very rewarding. I can't wait for people to want to see us, just because they really want to see the baby. He has gotten so big! It must be nice to be the oldest grandchild. They are always the most exciting (and maybe a LITTLE spoiled.)

Matt and Jayna said...

I am so excited that you love the Suns! We will definitely have to plan to get together to watch a game or go to one! The early ones would be best with the kiddos!

It sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! Busy one! Ours was good. I agree with you about having kids...they are very rewarding and entertaining! They make you smile all day!

Giselle said...

Wow, Porter is getting big! I've only seen him once in his life (his life so far anyways) and that was at Elijah's graduation in May!!! You guys are welcome to stop by any time. Elijah would LOVE it! We are home every day by 4:00. Just give me a call and let me know. Talk to you soo!

amanda.hall said...

I find it so funny reading your blog cause there are so many times that I feel like I am reading about my life. =) We too had a rough time in the car for Thanksgiving, and I also totally agree with you about people wouldn't wait as long to have kids if they knew what it was like. =) And Madden licks/sucks on everything too! I am always catching him trying to put some of the dogs toys in his mouth. =)
Can't wait to meet you someday!

taytum said...

When we were in the valley about two weeks ago I saw those same exact pillows. It's crazy because I have been looking everywhere, but nothing quite matches, but I think those will. I didn't buy them that day thought because Trevor was not to thrilled with the prospect of me spending money.