05 August 2011

When it Rains it Pours

Well in a previous post I posted about the fires! Well after the fires they talked about the possibility of flooding since everything above us was burned there was nothing to catch the water during monsoons! We knew it would flood a little, but we didnt think it would be to this extreme.
This is my parents back yard after the floods came. It was more then just water, it was mud, twigs, debri, and ash! And it came down in a hurry and took out sheds, block walls, and a few homes. We were lucky that it didnt get inside. My parents lost so much. It was so sad to see their beautiful backyard gone.


This happened on a Sunday, and we were rushed home from church to find all this. Boy am I glad we were NOT home when it came down. The descriptions of the noise it made and from the videos I saw, it would have been so scary.

So after the water lines breaking and septic tank flooding, we were again out of the house for a few days. We have gotten really good at evacuating! Despite the craziness of this summer, its been an eye opening experience and helps you realize whats most important, and you see who really cares, and will be there when you need them. We had so many people reach out and help us. We have a great family, and great friends!

2 comments:

Mary Anne said...

I can't believe this! Oh I am so sorry Gina. Just insane. I hope things are settled down. Those "ordinary" days sure are a blessing!

Dee Waite's said...

This is a SAD mess!!!!! :0(

There are really no other words for this.....that are good ones. Hope that the clean up go's well!