Was it hard leaving my littles at home? Yes! Did it stink that pretty much the minute Kam walked through the door after work, I walked out the door to GO to work? Yes! But it wont be this way forever. I just have to work more the first month to get in the swing of things, then I will cut back the hours to just twice a week. And they close at 9:30 during the week, so I wont be getting home too late. Which is awesome. Apparently Sierra Vista dies earlier then Tempe...so the hours are earlier. WOOHOO! Although I have done this before...I did it in the Ice age as far as production goes. So things are completely different now. They say its just like riding a bike...except this bike is WAY more high tech and fancy then the last one I rode. However, there are quite of few things that are so amazing and make things so much easier. So for those little things i am grateful.
When I was leaving yesterday Porter said the funniest thing to me. As I am gathering my things to leave he asks where I am going. So I tell him "Mommy has to go to work!" he responds..."In Daddy's police car?" Okay, this made me laugh. I then explained where I was going to work, and that I would miss him and be home VERY soon! He looked at me with this confused looked and said "But Mom, girls dont work!! Only boys work, like Daddy!" Oh how it breaks my heart to twist the good home value of being a stay at home mom and the man being the provider. The things children pick up on. I quickly put him to ease, that he would be home with Mommy all day just like always. Just to clarify, I dont think its bad for the woman to work...I know a lot of Mom's who work full time. This is just the perception of an almost 4 year old who's mom never left the house for "work"! Little does he know, I have always done babysitting and bow making on the side for extra money his entire life. It was just sweet to know that he was concerned about me not being home. He does love me. =)
And one last perk to going back to work part time...is the discount. Getting 50% off Outback food makes the whole working thing worth while. Oh how I have missed my discount. I hated paying full price for the past 6 years. No more my friends...no more. And I am not sure who is more excited, me...or KAMERON who will now get half price steak. But the best of all...I can now eat these lovelies...
Cheese Fries!! Do they have more calories then a 10 person feast? Absolutely. Especially when layered! But their cheesy, bacony, ranch covered heavenly wonderous...this could go one for a while....goodness!! So anyone who wants to contribute to our savings account, or cruise next month as well...please stop by and ask for my section...NEXT week. =) I dont make tips this week...=( Here's to being a Sugga Momma!!




7 comments:
You're too funny:) I'm glad your first day went well! And MMMM! I may be in for some fries:)
That is one job I have never had. Well I take that back. Writing that made me recall I was a hostess at Red Lobster for a very short time. i can't even remember how old I was or where it was lol It didn't last very long at all!!! You'll do great and it's good for a mommy to get out and why not make some mula while you're out!?
mmm...outback, seriously one of my faves :) I also just read your 'confessions' post- the part about the candy cracked me up :)
Porter is so cute! That sounds fun! My sister worked at Outback in SV, and now works at the one in Tempe while she's finishing school. She really enjoyed the one in SV...I can't remember his name, but she loved the owner. Have fun! It is good for moms to get out of the house! :) My parents go there all the time, I will have to tell them to request your section! :)
I didn't know you were thinking about going back to work... or that you had gone back to work. Those fries look so good not going to lie!! I actually have only eaten at this outback once. We will have to go sometime while your working.
Good for you Gina! There's nothing like making your own money. Cha-Ching!!
I'm drooling at this picture of the Aussie Cheese Fries at Outback! I haven't had those things in forever! If I still lived in Az, I would totally come order these at your Outback and leave you a huge tip! ;)
Good for you, going back to work for a bit! Randy and I have discussed the good possibility of me going back to work for a few years at some point, to help us get out of all our school debt we are racking up. I know it will be hard, but worth it for our family in the long run. Good luck! :) And congrats on the new job!
Post a Comment