10 May 2010

Truly Blessed!

What a great Mother's Day! First I woke up to this! My favorite roses. They were the roses I based my entire wedding around! I just think they are beautiful.
After reading my super funny card that Porter picked out himself, we were ready and headed to church. Thats where I got the best surprise that I could have gotten! Kameron was parked in the parking lot waiting for us. He took an hour and a half off work, so that he could come to Sacrament meeting with us! I almost forgot how wonderful it is to have him sitting there next to me in our home ward. Most of the time that I am able to go to church with him, we are out of town, and thats only once in a blue moon. But to have him there with me in our home ward, as cheesy as it sounds, was amazing. As hard as it is to drag two kids to church every week, its also somewhat of a blessing. (a blessing that I would be willing to give up at any moment! haha) But it has made me appreciate the sundays when my kids listen and sit through sacrament. When I see Porter fold his arms through a prayer, even when I dont have to ask him. And sit on the floor with his sister and share his fishies. Its the sweet little moments that I realise, I must be doing something right. As hard as it may be, there is a sense of pride (the good kind) that I am surviving this, and that the kids are still growing both physically and spiritually, because of my hard work. Alright, well enough of the patting myself on the back...it also brought me to one more realization. For so many years I took for grated the little things about Sunday. Fighting over the mirror, and over the sink to brush our teeth, and the biggest challenge on a Sunday morning was deciding which skirt or dress to wear. Now its wrestling both kids into their clothes, packing enough snacks, and getting out the door before 9 looking somewhat presentable! But the one thing that I took the most for granted, was that person next to me, the warm arm around me when the A/C is just too low, the back scratches when I lean forward, the back for me to scratch when he leans forward, the sight of my child sitting on Daddy's lap and reading a quiet book during the sacrament, and even the sound of my screaming child who's thrown over Daddy's shoulder because he knows if Daddy takes him into the hall he's in big trouble, but mostly just the spiritual presence that comes with the wonderful man I married. I know that this phase of our life will end eventually, and I will once again be able to take my personal spiritual giant in tow when I am headed to church every Sunday.(thats Kameron if I wasnt clear enough=) Thanks Babe for helping me realize what a blessing it is to be able to have you at church with me. It is something that I know I would NOT have realized had I not have you working every sunday. I love your willingness to support our family, and I know how hard it is for you to miss church as well. Most Sunday I know are probably harder on you then they are on me, so I need to quit whining. =) Life is sweet, and I truly am blessed beyond measure!

Okay enough of the mush and onto the rest of Mother's Day! SOOOO, there is this particular candy that I love, Oh...So...Much! I first tasted these little drops of heaven last year, and ever since have been on the hunt for them. Kameron went all over...literally.... every gas station from here to Florence, Casa Grande, Stanfield, and Chandler....looking for them to give them to me for our anniversary, then my birthday...only to find out that they are a seasonal treat, and we would have to wait. Well ladies and gentlepeople, they are once again IN SEASON!! Can I get a ...WOOT WOOT!! Moving right along, so I get a text from my dear friend Amber telling me she has found them (I kinda got her addicted too!) and they are on sale at Fry's for a DOLLAR a box! Such a small price for such a great reward!!! As we are sitting at the carwash at Circle K (for you Maricopians) I dare Kameron to hop out and RUN all the way to Fry's (okay it's like a half mile, if that, but you have to cross traffic and the largest parking lot known to man) and get me a box. And guess what?!! He actually did it. Never in my life did I actually believe that he would actually do it. It made me laugh. So after I pick him up on our way home he asks how many boxes I would have bought myself, and I said "Two or Three" and he was like "Oh Ok" as if agreeing that that was what he bought. Well we get home...and I was WRONG. Veeeery wrong!! He wanted to make sure he never has to search for them again. Introducing my One Year Supply.....
Thats a grand total of 10 boxes! Seriously, I about died and couldnt believe he bought so many! I'm gonna weigh about a million pounds when I eat these bad boys all in less than a month! Either that or I'll be so sick of them I will never eat them again! Just goes to show how sweet and thoughtful he is!! But I wont mention the TWO phone calls I recieved from him being irritated because he couldnt find them, and that I couldnt tell him where to look. haha. Ooops, did I let the cat out of the bag!? Love you Sweets! =)

So after Kam got off work, we headed to my brother's house in Tucson to hang out with my sister and her family, my parents, and my sister in law's family as well. We partook of the most delicious filet's (my favorite steak that I NEVER eat because they are expensive, and well...I'm cheap. Thanks Dad!=), specialty twice baked potatoes, and asparagus! Mmmm. My sister was so cute too, she made the potatoes, and she made the regular kind...for majority of the guests, a pan of No Queso ones for her hubby and Kameron...the lactos men, and a pan of No Onion for ME!! How sweet is that. It was super delicious because it didnt have onions...and it was made JUST for me! Thanks Amy, love you! The evening was spent laughing at who's kid was gonna come in crying next, reffing the fights (between the children..just to clarify), talking, and enjoying my mom's specialty...STRAWBERRY PIE!!! Oh so delish! It was so fun, and even though we stayed way too late, it was worth it. Happy Mother's day to my Mom, you're the best and I love you! My other Mom, Karen..thanks for being a great example and I love you! I hope all the mom's out there had a wonderful weekend and got spoiled beyond belief! I love being a mom, its the greatest calling in life, and I hope and pray that I am the mother that the two most precious spirits who ever came to earth deserve! I love you Porter and Anastyn, its an honor and a privilege to be your Mother!

3 comments:

Briana said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day! You deserve it!! Kameron is so good to you and I love how cute you guys are together. Love you lots!

Heather said...

What a wonderful da you had! what a good hubby to get those candies. i went to frys when you told people on facebook and couldnt find them and gave up. i wanted to try them. well you are a great mom and i envy you with taking 2 kids to church i went for the first time with both of mine and wanted to cry it was ruff but i guess it will get better (i hope). Happy mothers day!

Moss Family said...

I LOVE sugar babies....oh, I think I need to try these ones!!