11 February 2010

A Special Experience


For one of our Anniversary activites I really wanted to go to the Temple because it had been SO long since we had been able to go together. So Kameron being the sweetheart he is, said we were going to do Sealings so we could remember all the blessings from when we were married 5 years earlier. I jumped at the chance because that is my absolute FAVORITE!! The temple workers were so cute when we said we were there for our anniversary and they were sure to tell everyone around us, which they all seemed to be very impressed. (and these are probably people who have been married for 50 plus years!! Whats 5 years to that?!) But it was still fun to get lots of smiles and congratulations!!


Well there was couple that was added to the session at the last minute who had brought the name of the wife's great grandmother. She shared with us that she and her family had been looking for 36 years for this woman. They had been able to find relatives ALL around her, but for some reason had trouble finding her. After following a prompting she had one day, she was able to find her Great Grandmother through ancestory.com, ending 36 years of searching! They were having her Great Grandmother Sealed to her parents. This Sister who had brought the name wanted to act as her Great Grandmother, but they needed someone for the mother and she asked if I would be willing. I of course accepted, and I cant even express how much of a blessing that was to my life! I have done plenty work in the Temple, but this experience was something I will NEVER forget. I could feel her great grandmother there with us, and could feel the gratitude she felt towards her great granddaughter for her diligence in finding out who she was so she could recieve these blessings. I could feel love from every angle, her grandmother, Heavenly Father's, Christ's, and this dear woman who was so happy to be doing this work for her ancestors. Tears came to my eyes, and me being the ball baby I am had teary eyes through the rest of the session. It was an incredible experience that I will hold near to me for the rest of my life. I was grateful to be part of it. Although we had never met, both she and I hugged and cried over this wonderful experience. I will never forget it.


I walked away fulfilled, and reminded of the wonderful blessings that Temples are. I couldnt imagine a bigger blessing on our anniversary, then the reminder of how blessed we are to be part of this Gospel. I love my dear sweet husband for taking the time to plan this trip to the temple for me, and for being there by my side through the past 5 years. I love you!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

That is my favorite thing to do for our anniversary too! Such a great experience!