A couple inches of snow, not a ton, but JUST enough!!
Porter and Kameron immediately went out and started having a little fun!
My two year old who puts EVERYTHING in his mouth took no exception to the snow!! He kept saying "Mmmm, snow good!!"
I love to visit snow, but I am not a huge fan. I think its beautiful, but HATE to be cold!
Kameron and I, gotta love the self shot portraits!!
Porter making his very first snow angel!
Porter decided to start a snow ball fight after me JUST wanting a picture. This is right after I nailed him with a snowball, he thought it was hilarious!
And this is what sweet baby sister did while we were outside playing!! She had a runny nose, and we didnt want her to get a cold, so she hung out in the warm cozy cabin!
After about 5 hours in the snow this was our car when we went to bed that night!!!And, we woke up to THIS!!!!
Apparently the "Snow Storm" that I didnt think much of, turned into a Blizzard warning, and we were officially SNOWED IN!! Over 2 feet in some areas...So what do you do when you are snowed in you ask?? Why suit up and go play!!
Is anyone else having flashbacks to the movie "A Christmas Story"?? I did!! My parents keep the cabin stocked with snowsuits and boots and hats and scarves of ALL sizes, so even though the suit that fit Porter was Purple, I didnt care. He was warm, and thats all that mattered!
Porter wouldnt keep his beanie on, so this helmet was the next best thing. He LOVES oversized helmets. I love my little bobble head!Kameron came in and woke me up at 8AM and said "Get up, lets go shovel snow!!" and I'm thinking..."You've GOT to be kidding me!!" I'm not a shovelin type girl...please revert back to the me hating snow fact!! Since I am such a chicken I went through all the snow get up and started layering. After it took me 30 minutes to finish getting dressed I walked out to help. And thats about when Kameron fell over laughing!!!
Its okay everyone, feel free to be VERY jealous!! I know I look wicked cool! I could probably model for the best snow catalog back in the 80's!! The only reason this picture was even taken was because Kameron immediately grabbed the camera...O'well, atleast my children will have pictures of how cool their mother was back in the day!! Anyhow, moving on...
Porter even got in on the shoveling!! Kameron of course did a majority of the work, but in my defense, it took me like 3 scoops to equal his ONE! So even though I may not have moved as much snow, I bet I shoveled JUST as many times. haha.About 3 that afternoon we finally got the snowplow to come clear the road so we could get out. (I had to call the county so they would know that we were there because all the cabins around ours are also 2nd homes and there werent ANY neighbors there! I didnt want them to assume that our cabin was also empty!) As soon as we were free and clear, we loaded up the car to go get some food!! We decided to try Red Devil, and Porter and I thought it was pretty good. Kameron didnt!! Maybe we were just hungry, who knows.
Porter taking a bite!! Serisouly though, look at that greasy cheesy goodness, how can that NOT be finger lickin good?!!
My adorable baby girl and I after loading our faces! Anastyn only ate some bread, I'm not feeding her pizza...YET! =) Even though we got snowed in and WAAY more snow then we anticipated, we had so much fun. Porter of course had a blast, and even though I probably dug fingernail marks into the car door handles on the way home, we made it home in one piece! It was a great weekend, and I CANT wait to go back up there!
Porter taking a bite!! Serisouly though, look at that greasy cheesy goodness, how can that NOT be finger lickin good?!!
My adorable baby girl and I after loading our faces! Anastyn only ate some bread, I'm not feeding her pizza...YET! =) Even though we got snowed in and WAAY more snow then we anticipated, we had so much fun. Porter of course had a blast, and even though I probably dug fingernail marks into the car door handles on the way home, we made it home in one piece! It was a great weekend, and I CANT wait to go back up there!P.s. Kameron did totally Body slam me into 2 feet of snow, THREE times!! But I think he did it because he was jealous of my rockin outfit!! Or maybe it was because I tried to tackle him...a few times. Unfortunately he is freakishly strong...and well, I am NOT!!




5 comments:
ok...love, love, LOVE the snow outfit! That is seriously the BEST!
haha- LOVE the outfit!!!!! I'm bummed we just missed being snowed in with you - that would have been so much fun!!!!
Such fun pictures. I bet you guys had a blast in the snow. I am pretty bummed we didn't get to stay and hangout up there with you. But we couldn't risk getting snowed in. :( But then again I am not much for being that cold anyways. lol
Haha I love snow, I miss it! I wouldn't if I was still living up there of course, but I can say I do now right? So I'm at work, (only on Saturdays) and the movie A Christmas Story is on, haha! I was able to compare right when I looked at his picture. He looks pretty darn close to it and so do you!!! Haha! Awesome!
looks like fun!!
Post a Comment