29 July 2009

Pioneer Vacation

Every year we always head to St Johns for the annual 24th Celebration Pioneer Days! Kameron usually works weekends, but took off 4 days so we could be there for a week and enjoy all the festivities. Monday morning we headed up, and here is Porter traveling in style. Seriously, Kameron and I were thinking how spoiled kids are nowadays...we never traveled so nicely!! But he was so funny because since he was wearing the headphones...he had no sound control, so he would be screaming something at us without realizing it. It was really hilarious!!
Tuesday afternoon we took advantage of family swim and enjoyed the nice weather! Porter loved it and had way too much fun jumping in over and over again!!
Wednesday Kameron and I took advantage of having Grandma around and went to the Snowflake Temple to do sealings! It was so nice to be able to enjoy a morning at the temple with the hubs and to also go to lunch at Eva's...Super yummy Mexican food in Snowflake!! Its always nice to get out for some one on one time without the kids!! Thanks Karen, we really appreciated it!


Then Thursday we headed to Concho to visit with Kameron's grandparents, Grandpa Mel and Grandma Deana! We enjoyed the awesome weather and sat outside in their beautiful backyard and visited.
Grandpa had a back stretching machine thing (thats the technical term, haha) so Kameron and I gave it a spin. It hurt my head, but Kameron said it helped his back. Porter had fun chasing their dogs, and of course Kameron and I loved spending time with his grandparents. My grandpa died 10 years ago this summer, so I have adopted Grandpa Mel as my own, I sure love that man, he really is a great man with MANY talents! We love you Grandpa and Grandma, thanks for letting us come and bombard you with our crazy kids!!

Thursday evening we went to the chili dinner, and Ice Cream SOcial!! The best part of the whole celebrations...FREE ICE CREAM!! Porter enjoyed multiple cones and running around like a madman! This is the only picture I got from the social.
Grandpa Lee and Anastyn sound asleep!!


Whats a trip to Grandma and Grandpa's without riding the fun toys. Since the key to the 4-wheeler was lost...Boo! Kyler took Porter on many dirtbike rides! As you can tell Porter just cant get enough of the Vroom Vroom rides and NEVER wants to get off!!


Friday night there is the Campfire Circle. Everyone parks around this big circle and eats dinner with friends and family, it resembles back in the day when the Pioneers would park their wagons in a circle at night. It was windy as usually, so we enjoyed our food with a little boy scout pepper (aka dirt. haha) but it settled down and we had a lot of fun!

I just had to add, the picture on the bottom of Porter eating cake...I asked Kameron to get Porter a little piece of cake...and that honkin piece of chocolate cake is what Porter enjoyed!!


Saturday morning was the parade...but my camera was dead and I didnt get any pictures. So as soon as my mother in law sends them my way I will have to post them!! Here are just some random pictures of other things we did.
Played with lots of toys, made fried zucchini, and made smore and roasted starburst with Brant and Kacy instead of going to the dance!


Sunday evening we decided to go for a little walk with the family...and it turned into Longboard lessons! I had never done it before and niether had Kameron. But it wasnt as hard as I had expected and we all had fun taking turns.


Anastyn also decided this weekend that she wanted to be a THUMB SUCKER!! NOOO!! Every time we turned around she had that thumb in her mouth going to town. I do NOT want a thumb sucker. So I spent many days taking it away and putting her bunkie in! I finally got little gloves at Walmart that keep her from getting ahold of her little thumbs!!
Monday morning we headed to Pinetop to help my dad and brother install a wood floor in my family cabin's kitchen! My brother's family came as well, so Porter had so much fun playing with his cousins!!


And here is the finished product!! It looks SOO much better than before. The weather in Pinetop was so awesome that we did NOT want to come home. I love it there, and could stay there for weeks on end!!
Other fun things that we did and I didnt get pictures of were, the volleyball tournament. I played Tuesday and Wednesday nights...a total of 10 hours, and even though I was SOOO sore and we got 2nd (we should have won...the bracket play did NOT make sense) it was so much fun, and made me realize how much I love playing.
~Porter out running with the chickens!
~Jumping on the trampoline
~Seeing April's new baby girl!!
~Playing at the park where Porter ate it really hard...TWICE!!
~Eating at El Rancho!!! YUMMY!!
What a fun weekend and a great tradition my kids will be able to grow up with. Thanks to my inlaws for putting up with my little tornado running through their house all day long for a whole week!!

11 comments:

Cossebooms said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I'm sad we missed the festivities. And I'm jealous you already got to see my sister's baby girl. I hope to see her soon.

Lewis Family said...

I wish we could have gone up for the 24th to Snowflake : ( It looks like everyone had so much fun. We haven't been up for any of the holiday's this summer. Hopefully the Jordan will play in the Labor Day Tournament.

Cara said...

Fun Times! I am sure you really didn't want to leave that weather and come back to this heat! I know we didn't. And you guys sure stayed busy while you were there but it seems like it was all play and fun times. : ) We sure need to get together soon!

Scott and Cheryse said...

Looks like you had a fun time!! I like that you go gloves for her, so she wouldn't suck her thumb. Hopefully it works!!

Spencer and Marlee said...

Looks like a fun family tradition! I love your little family!! I can't wait!!! I just love you Gina!!! I am going to call soon.
p.s. Did you hear who is moving to Sierra Vista? (check my blog)
One more down here to Sierra Vista!! Your next:)

AC BR AC said...

What a GREAT family tradition!!! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time!

Matt and Jayna said...

I'm so glad you all got to go for a whole week! It looked like so much fun and it is such a wonderful family tradition for your kids to grow up with. My parents have one of those back stretcher things. They don't use it a lot though, but they say it works. Yes, try to get the thumb away! I'm trying to think of ways to break Emmalyn of that habit and want to try soon. Glad you had fun!!

Kacy said...

I hate you for putting that horrible picture up!!

Nicole said...

So glad that we got to hang out with you guys!!!!

Amanda Stephan said...

I thought I commented on this but I don't see it! lol. Looks like so much fun! And I bet the cooler weather is amazing!!! What are you using to make your collages? I like them! :)

Lexie & Sharrid said...

Gina, sounds like a long fun trip! Hey, can you get me April's info. I now assume that they did in fact move up there and I have lost touch with her. Anyway, you are really the only connection I still have with her, so a phone number or address would be nice if you could thanks.

Lexie