7:30 am: Woke up to Anastyn crying ready to eat. I made a bottle and proceeded to debate whether or not I should let Porter out of his room, because I could hear him playing. Decided that I should let him out so he wouldnt destroy his room, and found him sitting on the floor reading books...WITHOUT...his diaper and poop smeared ALL over not only himself, but the carpet too! Immediate bath and carpet scrubbed followed, by a lecture on not taking off our diaper without Mommy!
8:30 am: Porter seated at the table about to enjoy one of his favorite breakfast meals...Oatmeal! Him being strapped in and the baby finally fast asleep on the couch, I took the opportunity to use the rest room, my morning weigh in, brush hair, teeth...etc! When I hear the clattering of a bowl hitting the floor! I thought, "luckily it's plastic"...and I was hoping it was empty! Well, apparently Porter wasnt hungry and felt that the oatmeal looked MUCH better in his hair, on his face, shirt, shorts, chair, table, floor, and in the dog's hair! AHHHHH!! A not so happy Mommy gave him a good scrub, lecture, swat, and timeout! When his two year old tantrum was over he was allowed out of his room and I proceeded to clean the floor...
9:15 am: While I was cleaning the hazzard that was breakfast the little monster sat on the couch watching cartoons. The little mastermind then deliberately snuck into my bathroom closing my bedroom door very quietly behind him without me noticing. After about 2 minutes of not hearing him laughing along with the cartoon...I thought "CRAAAAP!" and jumped up to find him. When I saw my bathroom light ON, and the door closed I knew it was trouble....and this is what I open up to see this......
Which quickly turned to this......
And ended with this.........
**Please feel free to click on the photos to make them larger...its then that you will really see how much lotion he managed to squeeze out of this brand new bottle of baby lotion!!!**All without me saying a word!! He KNEW he was in BIG trouble. At this point I had two choices! One: Breathdown, yell, scream, cry and so on! Or Two: Laugh and take a picture. So opted for the ladder because seriously, its one of those mornings that if you dont laugh...he may not live to see pre-school! haha. So back into the bath tub, cleaned up the bathroom, on to outfit number 4 of the day, I sit down to breath thinking "Is it 5 yet?" (when Kameron gets home from work) But to my dismay the clock reads 9:45 am!!!!!!!! Its going to be a LOOOOOng day........
So for those of you who think you have a handful of a child, I'll gladly trade you!!!




7 comments:
Hi Gina~
I saw your comment on Erin's blog and wanted to comment here (i hope you don't mind)...
If you want to know how small the world I am also Cara Buchberger's cousin as well! Her dad and my dad are brothers. :)
Also, I don't know if you watch Friends, but these pics make me think of "The One with all the resolutions". Ross is wearing leather pants and uses lotion to try and help put them back on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT-IDk9Kun8
Little Porter is a sitcom start in the making!
poor thing. I am glad you can at least laught about it!! :)
OH my gosh Gina! I can't believe the stories about Porter sometimes. But this seriously is crazy. I am glad you got thru it okay and that everyone survived. I wish I was closer to maybe have helped out a little. But like you said sometimes you just have to breath. And those pictures are priceless. It sure seems like the lotion would have burned when it got in his eyes, just glad there weren't poop pictures to go with the others. : )
I have to agree with Cara, these pictures are priceless!! And just think you can torture Porter when his dates and girlfriends come over with how much of a terror he was!! By the way, I have some presents for you.....they're on their way.
I just showed Rob this because it is so funny....ok, not funny for you...ha ha...and he asked me if I was sure about wanting kids! ha ha ha....Sorry you had such a crazy day! Hopefully it's been better since this post!
Hi Gina,
I'm new in your ward and am checking out all the blogs from the RS sister2siter blog. What a great way to get to know you all!
I have 3 boys just like Porter, only a little older now. They did the poo art, lotion, diaper rash cream, raw eggs, flour, house paint...well, you get the idea. I think I have some of the classics on my blog. You'd have to search "boys will be boys" to find it (I really need to start tagging my posts!)
Anyway, you followed my number 1 rule when these things happen: take a picture! It helps you to be able to laugh so you don't go crazy - just like you said!
Gosh, I think this comment has gotten long enough (sorry!) I can't wait to get to know you and your family better!
Sorry to hear how crazy your day was. The funny thing is that it sounds a lot like some of mine. If you want I'll trade both of my 1 1/2 boys for Porter and see how it goes! ;D Just kidding! In reality I just think it's a boy thing. They just seem to have so much energy and curiosity. But despite all that, you gotta love them and take time to laugh. Thanks for sharing and reminding me that someone out there has days like mine. :D
Post a Comment