Anastyn is 4 weeks old today, I cant believe that a month has already passed by. To everyone else she is still so little, but to me I can tell she is so much bigger than she was. She got down to 6 pounds, and is now pushing 8! Its amazing how fast they grow, and all the cute little faces she makes without even knowing it. She is such a happy and content baby, and is being really nice to mommy and only waking up once at night to eat! I have been very blessed with great sleepers. Thats all she does all day and night is sleep. She has smiled at me a couple times...fluke or intentional, not sure. But she loves to be talked to and will just watch you. (thats when I got her to smile at me twice) We love having her in our family, and Porter just adores her now. Every morning he asks for "baby sisser" and will constantly say "Baby sisser so cute!" He has been such a big boy and is Mommy's little helper. If I need a diaper, blanket, remote...haha, he will get it for me. I will admit he has been very patient with me, because I dont do well with no sleep, and have a hard time getting to sleep after night time feedings that I am a little slow throughout the day. For example this morning...last night was a long night with Anastyn having what sounded like very painful bubbles in her tummy...I got Porter up and turned on cartoons and just kind of layed on the couch. After a little while I notice that Porter was no longer sitting on the couch next to me. So I hop up and run to find him (the last time he was quiet he was squirting Windex in his mouth and all over his room!) and this is where he is....
No big deal, right? Sitting at the table eating! Well the poor child was hungry and didnt want to wake me up to get him breakfast, so he just climbed up to the table where his plate of chicken FROM LAST NIGHT'S DINNER was STILL sitting...because his lazy mother didnt clean it up and throw it away. GROSS! It was then that I realized that I needed to get myself together for the sake of my child! Poor kid ate stale chicken with stale BBQ sauce because I was sleeping on the job...literally! A quick hug and a kiss from my happy little boy let me know that he still loves me despite my zombie-ness moments and I then made him some oatmeal and cinnimon rolls!
How long does it take to get the groove of two kids? Seriously?? I had my system of what I did every day...morning, noon, and night! I am a schedule person! Breakfast, first thing in the morning with a cartoon....lunch at noon, then naptime right after. Snack when we wake up, another cartoon, then playing til Daddy gets home. Now with feeding the baby, diapers...diapers...diapers, and more feeding the baby...my whole life has been thrown into a tizzy and I cant find time for laundry, mopping, laundry, dishes, laundry, vacuum, and did I mention laundry? After a month I thought I would have it down to a science...yeah, not so much. O'well, despite the disasterous house, and piles of laundry...my kids are fed, happy, and cute as ever. I guess thats all that really matters anyways. Alright now, I better make use of my quiet time and throw a load in the washer...or maybe I'll take a nap...




9 comments:
Give it 2-3 months. Once she is one more of a schedule it gets easier. You can do it!
I remember the adjustment and I wish that i would have just not worried about all the work that needed to be done and just hold my newborn since it goes so fast. now she is 6 months!! She is a cutie
Hey Gina, thanks for your comment on our blog :) It's funny, cuz I know we don't know each other all that well, but because of Cara, I did know that you were having a baby around the same time as us and she told me about how your first was a C-section and how you were able to do VBAC for your second baby. I definitely want to try VBAC for my second! So it is nice to hear from someone who did it and it was successful! :) It's funny, cuz since this is my first, I don't really have anything else to compare it to...but recovering from surgery does suck...so I would assume that recovery from a regular delivery would be a little easier. Anyway, I'm glad everything went well with Anastyn's delivery! She is so beautiful! Congratulations!
...by the way, this is Tiffany, I just realized I am logged in on under my husband's name, so the above comment showed up as Randy... :)
Happy One-Month Birthday Anastyn!!!
So glad she is a good sleeper! I still can't figure life out with two....I hope it happens soon cause I am GOING CRAZY!?!?! LOL =)
Haha - I love it! I'm still getting the hang of getting things done... with ONE! So you're light years ahead of me. :)
Lucky you! I would love to have a baby that was a good sleeper that early. Keeping my fingers crossed maybe the next one will be. :) And What a crack up Porter is. but so nice not to wake up his sleeping mommy. And dang I might eat the stale chicken too if I got cinammon rolls afterwards. : ) It was fun at your place on Monday, to bad our son is a wuse and didn't want to play in the sprinklers much. OH well. Atleast he is cute. : )
Hey Gina! Congrats you new mommy, Anastyn is such a cute name. Im sorry its taken me a whole month to tell you that, Im horrible lately. Hope you are doing okay, Im pretty nervious to have two around it sounds like a lot of work. Take care!
Post a Comment