06 April 2009

All Grown Up...


So Friday as I had said in a previous post, my craziness continued. Kameron worked late Thursday night (til 6:30am friday morning to be exact) so that left me to start his room by myself. So I moved the old computer desk, spare bed, and all the left over junk out of the room to get it ready to paint. And yes, I probably shouldnt have been doing so much manual labor at 8 1/2 months pregnant...but what can I say, I wanted to get this done. While Kameron slept I went and bought paint and had Kameron paint the all over color before he left for work. I then stayed up til 3am working on the stripes. My neighbor helped me measure the lines to make them straight...then I was on my own for the rest of the taping and painting. And BOY was it a pain and I was SOOO tired after it was done. I will be honest and say that I really do NOT like the colors. They do NOT look anything like the swatches I went off of, and this is the first time I have experienced painter's remorse! My entire house is painted and I havent ever picked a bad color....til now! The blue is supposed to be Navy blue, not royal, and the creme is supposed to be more of a tan color. And dont get me started about the baby poo color of the darker brown. If it werent SO MUCH WORK, I would change it. But o'well, whats done is done. Saturday we set up his new "Big Boy" bed set and got him all situated. He loved it as you can tell.

Here you can see the stripes, and the bed he will not sleep in. So we are using the pack'n play for now to get his used to sleeping in his new room.

His adorable little table and chairs, I just love them and he looked so cute sitting there with his friends when they came over to watch conference on sunday!


And the last angle to see the paint. I cant believe my baby is almost 2, and it literally breaks my heart for him to be across the house from me. I check on him whenever I get up to go to the bathroom. Its hard to believe that we will have two kids in about 5 weeks, but I am glad to have one more project done!

8 comments:

Meagan said...

His bedroom set is really cute! Bummer about the paint.... the stripes look cute, though! I am sure it looks fine :)

Jessica Rodgers said...

you are so funny. I think the colors look better than you think. That baby is definaty getting you into the nesting stage. She will be here before you know it. Yeah!!!

Sarah Mickalson said...

LOVE the stripes! You did an awesome job, and you could have called me to help.

Nicole said...

I love the colors and stripes! I might have to steal the idea for Radens room!

AC BR AC said...

Hey, I like the baby poo color brown...I think we chose that color at our other house! Haha!

Anywho...you did an awesome job on Porter's room. It's so cute!

Marzan Mania said...

I like the colors. I think it looks really cute. Good job.

Nikki said...

I totally did stripes like that in my daughters room too! I love it...It gives it that height that it needs when EVERYTHING in the room is under 2 ft tall!!! It turned out really good!

Larrabee said...

Gina I think it looks great!!! You did a wonderful job...good work