31 March 2009

Our Wedding Day

I saw this on someone else's blog and thought it was fun...and I'm bored!

1) When was your wedding day? February 10th, 2005

2) What day of the week was it? Thursday

3) Did you get married in a church? No, Mesa Temple

4) How many in your wedding party? 5 bridesmaids and 3 groomsmen

5) How many guests were invited to your wedding? the actual ceremony there were like 35, but to the reception we sent out a ton of invitations...close to 500 between both our families...crazy i know.

6) How long did you date before getting engaged? Exactly one month...whirlwind I know. But we had both been in kind of crazy previous relationships, that when we met...we were like "So this is how its really supposed to be?!" It made us really appreciate eachother! We both knew right away.

7) How long did you wait to Tie The Knot after your proposal? 6 very long months....

8) Who did you hire as your photographer & videographer? Our friend Kacy did the wedding, and Kameron's mom got a lot on video.

9) Did you have a DJ or a band? my friends dad who always DJ'd for church events did the music.

10) Did your father walk you down the aisle? There isnt an "isle" in the temple.

11) What color were the bridesmaid dresses & groomsmen vests? bridesmaids wore a cranberry color, and the guys wore black suits with a black tie.

12) Who was your Maid Of Honor/Best Man? we didnt really have one.

13) Did you have a Bridal Shower? Yes, and I remember getting mad at Kameron because he showed up at the end and opened one of the gifts that had lingerie in it, and put it on in front of everyone...I was so embarrased I could have killed him. My parents were there! But everyone else found it hilarious, and I do now too!

14) What type of limo did you get? Limo? Who needs a limo when you drove a 94 honda accord?!!haha

15) Where did you go for your Bachelorette/Bachelor Party? I didnt have one, some friends and I just went out to dinner. The night before I spent running from grocery store to grocery store looking for the roses i wanted for my boquet...I totally forgot to get them from costco that morning before I went through the temple. We finally found them at 11 pm at a Bashas in Chandler...Very stressful, I dont recommend!

16) What type of wedding gown/tux did you two wear? A beaded sash dress that gathered at one side and swooped down, it was beautiful! Kameron wore a blacksuit with a black tie.

17) How was the weather? a little chili before, and it was starting to sprinkle at the temple, but them didnt rain until Kameron and I got to our hotel...kind of romantic..added to the excitement! ;) But it was really cute because my niece Brooklynn, who at the time was 2, got really upset at the temple when it started to sprinkle, and came running to me saying "Aunt Gina, Oh NO, You're gonna get your Princess Dress wet!!!" all while throwing her head back with her hand on her forehead as if she were about to faint. So dramatic, but so cute!!

18) Where did you go on your Honeymoon? My parents cabin, not too exciting, but we didnt have a lot of time off from school and work. We went to Vegas for a week for our one year and had a ton of fun...I consider that our Honeymoon!

19) What was your favorite part of your wedding day? Being surprised because Kameron and my Aunt secretly conspired against me and rented a really nice room at a resort in Chandler...we were planning on staying at our Condo, but before the luncheon he took me to the condo to pack...My Aunt had gone to the room before us and set out candles, with rose petals everywhere, and a bottle of cider chilling on ice! So romantic, it was perfect!

20) How long have you been married? just over 4 years.

21)What was your favorite part about planning the wedding? Dress shopping...what girl doesnt want to try on a ton of beautiful dresses and have everyone tell her how great they all look!?!

22) What was your least favorite part of the planning? Having to wait 6 months for my parents house to be done so family from out of town wouldnt have to rent hotel rooms...and the house wasnt even done by the wedding!! That and since we got married close to Valentines Day...the Stake Center was booked and we had to have our reception in the really old chapel in the not so greatest part of town!!!


3 comments:

Sarah Mickalson said...

That was so cute Gina! I hated dress shopping by the way, and ended up picking out my dress alone because my mom stood me up. Oh well, it looked good still!

Krystin said...

Cute post!
-And I was totally teasing, i'm actually the same way when it comes to stuff like that and hate sending invites out.
I know Corrine too. They are a cute family. She had her baby right before me and was so nice to bring dinner for us.
Stop by when you guys come up here next and I'll show you how to make the headbands, they are super easy and fast. I have everything for them. :)

AC BR AC said...

94 Honda Accord?! Too funny! I miss mine too. =(