This past weekend, Porter and I went down to Sierra Vista to visit my parents. Yes, I left and didnt even spend Valentines Day with Kameron. He was working the whole weekend, and wouldnt have been able to do anything anyway. We left Friday and came home yesterday. It was a long, but fun weekend. These are just a few of the highlights...
Porter kept playing with this beanie that was supposed to be on my Nana's doll...but he kept stealing it and wearing it around the house. It was too small, thats why his ears look so funny. But Porter being Porter...he will do anything for a laugh!
He loved Nana. And he loved to steal her chair. Anytime she would walk over towards it, he would run and jump on it before she could sit down. It was hilarious. So he would climb up with her and make her play "Voom Voom's" with him. (thats the sound dirt bikes and motorcycles make...thats why he calls them that!)
Then the main reason I went down was to help my mom with the bedding she is making for our little girl. Okay so I didnt actually help...I have no talent in the sewing area, but I helped put the pieces where I want them and design where everything went. I did iron though. haha. I wish I had a fraction of my mother's talent. She is amazing and can seriously make ANYTHING! Here is what the bumpers will look like...isnt it adorable?!! I'm even that much more excited for a girl!!
Porter loved to look out the back windows and see the deer every morning. Here are 3 that are constant visitors to my parents backyard. This picture was taken from their balcony...seriously, I cant wait to move to Sierra Vista.
Porter loved playing under my parents high barstool table. We have one too, but its gated off in the front room where he isnt allowed, so he took advantage of having a little "fort" for the weekend!
Porter catching some movie time with Tata! They were watching King Kong...haha. No wonder he has that look on his face. I thought it would scare him, but he did laugh at the big gorilla, so I guess it didnt. He was my dad's little shadow this weekend, it was hilarious! Every morning he wanted "TATA" and would seriously look for him all over the house. It was so cute, I love how much he loves my dad!
Porter was so good for me the whole 2 1/2 hours home. He is such a great traveler, and I am sure the DVD player the car has doesnt hurt! I laughed so hard when I looked in my little "baby peeker" mirror that Honda's have and saw this. I wish I could travel like that. *
Since I wasnt able to spend Valentines with Kameron, my parents made sure they took me to dinner...and yep, we enjoyed Outback!! And my dad even got me a card...how sweet is he?! Then we did some shopping, ate La Casita another day...YUMM! I was able to visit with my good friend Marlee for a couple hours, and Porter absolutely loved her and Spencer. It made me laugh that he took to them so fast since he is going through the weird phase right now. He did great in Nursery, he actually walked right in without a peep! He did bust his lip open about 5 minutes after we dropped him off, and he sat with me for a few minutes, and I thought he would scream when we took him back...but he didnt. Actually it was the opposite. He turned around waved bye and shut the door. haha. He probably loved having a lot of kids to play with since at home in the branch he is the only kid some sundays! And my brother came down, and Porter loved playing football with Uncle Jared! He loves my brother, and had fun since Daddy wasnt there to wrestle!
It was a great weekend, but I am so glad to be home. We missed Kameron so much, and Porter was so cute when he saw Kameron after FOUR whole days. I think thats the longest they have been apart. Kameron was so sweet too, when I got home there were flowers, a bottle of Sparkling Cider, a card, and best of all some great smelling bubble bath. He didnt forget Valentines Day, even though I wasnt there. Thanks babe, it was a sweet surprise.
*
Thanks Mom and Dad for having us for so long, and for putting up with Porter. He is a disaster, and even though there were the funny moments like him climbing out of the crib and running into the living room BUTT naked laughing and dancing when he was supposed to be napping, I am sure you are enjoying the peaceful house now. haha. Thanks for everything, we sure love you guys.




4 comments:
CUTE bedding. Girls are so fun. Everyone need at least one!
LOVE the bedding!!!!
Sounds like so much fun! My valentines was terrible and I will never celebrate it again! Overrated. I am so excited for you to have a girl. She will be adorable!
I am so glad you had a fun time with your parents since you weren't able to spend it with Kam. I totally understand those days where its a holiday and there is no hubby around, they aren't much fun. And all those pics of porter are to funny. He really is a funny kid. Makes me laugh just reading about him. : ) We all need to get together again soon! I know we always say that too. Oh and hope you are adjusting well to kam working nights. How is it?
Post a Comment