19 February 2009

Back to the Chopping Block..

...I am officially 28 weeks pregnant. Kameron is working nights, and when I decided to do this post it was night...so I had to take it myself. I dont know how so many of you have taken good pictures of yourself in the mirror, I am not so talented. I have been putting off posting because I have had a rough couple weeks with some hard decisions. But I am okay finally, so I thought it was about time. Anyways, I had a check up last week where I found out that I will most likely have to have another C-section. My doctor said she would let me try VBAC (Vaginal Birth After C-section), but that she is leaving for Rome on the 15th of May. WHAT!!! Exactly ONE week before my due date, and the other doctors in the office will not accept my case for VBAC. So my only shred of hope pretty much went down the drain. Seriously, it was like taking candy from a baby...it was heartbreaking. I had one of two decisions to make. One: find another doctor who would accept my case this late in my pregnancy (not real likely) or TWO: schedule a C-section and hope to go into labor early. After a week of tears, a lot of confusion, and a much needed trip to the temple, I am finally feeling a little bit of peace over this situation. I am scheduling a C-section for the 14th of May and hoping that I can go into labor on my own before that...if so, she will let my try to deliver vaginally. We also feel its too late in my pregnancy and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr. Stephens, that I dont want to find a different doctor to deliver me. If I dont go early, atleast we know when our little Girl will join our family, and set up arrangements for Porter to spend some time with lots of friends while mom and baby recover from surgery! I am feeling great, and dont have much to complain about. Not an ounce of swelling yet, which is a HUGE improvement from my pregnany with Porter. I still have a good amount of energy, but definately feel the exhaustion hit me at the end of the day. But with Porter, I felt that even when I wasnt pregnant. So anyways, the countdown is on...11 weeks from today (at the longest) we will have a beautiful baby girl to love. We can't wait!! Now if I could only make up my mind on a name!!!!

3 comments:

Aaron & Jayme said...

Gina you look great! Definitely a hard decision to make. See what these little ones put us through??

Anonymous said...

HOly shmokes... 11 weeks is so close! And I can't believe you are so tiny! You have such a cute belly! And I'm sorry to hear about the hard decisions you've had to make. oh and hey... are you getting a baby shower or anything? =) Love ya!

Sarah Mickalson said...

You dont even look like you've gotten bigger. I bet that news was disappointing but it will all work out in the end. Either way you will have a gorgeous baby girl to love on.