I know Porter is like 18 1/2 months now, but we had to push back his Well check because of the whole car situation we had been dealing with a couple weeks ago. So Halloween I took him in for his check, and he was a whopping 26 pounds and 34 inches long! Where did my baby go!! He is dead average with the 50th and 55th percentile for weight and height. Big change from the 95th he was for his first year. I guess he will slow down from here. He is getting better and better with Nursery! Still cries when we drop him off, but it lasts all of 2 seconds and then he is off chasing the bubbles. His vocab has grown so much over the past couple months too. It seems like he learns a new word everyday. His new favorite thing is FOOTBALL!! He has loved football since he was little...he would watch it as a baby..but now anytime you turn the TV to a football game he will freak out and jump around excited like screaming "Football Football!!!" Recently I turned it to the Suns game and he said "Baketball!" I didnt even know the kid knew what basketball was. I guess we have a little Future All-Star on our hands! Kameron loves it and always says how he cant wait to take Porter to a game! Funny story, we were sitting in conference last sunday and all of a sudden he gets all excited and starts yelling "BAKETBALL!! BAKETBALL!!" and it took me a minute to realize he was pointing up to the basketball net above us in the gym. haha. He was so excited to see sports in church I guess. And his new thing isnt 'Bye Bye" anymore...its "See Ya!" So as I am taking him out of Sacrament meeting because he was throwing a fit, he yells to the back row as we are walking out "BYE SEE YA!!" I think everyone got a kick out of it. He is the funnest, and craziest little boy, but we sure love him and I am so grateful that I get to call this hilarious little boy my son! He is so energetic and loves to show off when all eyes are on him. Definately the life of the party! Wonder where he gets that?? No comment! I can't believe my little boy has grown so fast, but I look forward to all the funny things he says everyday and will continue to learn. Sure makes life interesting!On another note, I have had alot of people ask me how far along I am, or if I have been sick, and so on...so since I really didnt say before, I thought I would answer everyone at once. I am about 12 weeks. I was hoping the being sick would officially end by now...but its holding strong. I feel a lot better than I did the first couple months, but I still feel nausous a lot during the day, and still finding it hard to have an appetite. Only when I crave something, I can eat it all. Its really annoying! This is very different from my pregnancy with Porter...not being sick at all. I have had people tell me they are waiting for me to show, but dont really expect a belly/or a belly pic for a while, if its anything like my first pregnancy...its gonna be a while. I didnt show until about 7 months with Porter. I am sure it will happen sooner with this one being my second, but still I have a couple months before anything starts growing. Thank goodness, I am not ready to say goodbye to my normal clothes just yet. I am really excited, and cant wait for Porter to get to the point where he understands he isnt going to rule the roost anymore. As far as boy or girl goes, I dont really care this time. A boy would be great because Porter needs a brother to wrestle with, but a girl would be fun too. I hope I get atleast one girl before I am done having kids. Everyone who knows me can attest that I have to have a girl!! But it doent matter if she comes next or not. We are just excited for this little blessing to come, and judging from the look of my countdown (days??..what was I thinking) its going to be a long haul!! So the countdown begins.....




1 comment:
Hey Gina it's Alyne! What a cute blog you have! Congratulations on expecting baby number two! I'm sure he or she will be just as cute as your little guy! Porter is a little stud, you guys make some cute kids! Glad to see your family doing so well. We miss you guys! I hope you don't mind me adding you on my blog! Oh...and could you give me your e-mail address? I'm going private soon too! Check out our blog when you can! Love ya!
Post a Comment