So I have always believed in the whole when it RAINS it POURS theory..because this week..it has definately been pouring down on us! Everyone deserves a rant n'rave post...well this is going to be mine! =)
Rain Storm Numero Uno:
Sunday night my tooth started hurting..which I mentioned in my previous post. So Tuesday I had a root canal and have been in pain off and on for the rest of this week over this stupid tooth. When I got to the dentist, they were having trouble verifying my insurance...so luckily Aaron Buckmister rescued me with the number to HR to call and find out because Kameron is untouchable at the police academy! After being transfered twice I was able to figure it out. But it still ended with an all too expensive bill at the end. Seriously...why are dentists so freakin expensive?!!!!!!
Rain Storm Numero Dos:
Wednesday Porter decided it was a good idea to give himself a bath and snuck into my bathroom, plugged the tub, turned on the water, and proceeded to throw in a book, headband, cup and my CELL PHONE!!!!! Not only did it freak me out that he was able to plug the tub up because that could be SOOO dangerous, but I was really upset that my phone was now fried!! I still cant believe in two minutes time he was able to cause that much damage. He also intentionally snuck out from behind a tree at the mall playland and escaped into the mall without me noticing, and after looking for him not coming out from behind the tree I found him around the corner playing on the carosel...talk about a heart attack. When we got home that night he decided to run from me when my hands were full down the driveway and into the street right as a car went flying by. After dropping EVERYTHING in my hands, and grabbing him as he stepped foot into the street, he got a good swat for running from me. Anyone know how to break a kid from running from you?? Help me please, my kid is finding dangerous things to mess with now, and it seriously might be the death if me......solitary confinement to his room doesnt sound like too bad of an idea anymore!!
Rain Storm Numero Tres:
Wednesday night our washing machine decided not to work!! It out of the blue stopped spinning and therefore making it pretty useless. After searching through our reciepts and books, we found out that it only had a 1 year warranty...and we have had it for 1 YEAR AND 6 MONTHS!!! Give me a break people, thats rediculous! So I called Maytag the next day to complain about it breaking when we bought it BRAND NEW when we moved into a BRAND NEW house! Well I was very impressed with their customer service. I am HUGE on that. I am a firm believer that customer service goes a LONG LONG way. Well the lady simply apologized for the problem and made an appt for a maintenance man to come take care of it and that Maytag will cover all labor and parts!! WHOA! I was in shock, I was expecting a fight, or atleast having to talk to a manager. Needless to say, I would definately buy a Maytag again because even without a warranty, they were quick to apologize and make it right. What a relief!!
So anyways, these type of things typically happen in three's so we are hoping that things are looking up for us! And surprisingly, despite all that has happened this week, I have been in a oddly good mood! We learn from every trial in life, and I am glad that everything seemed to work out. My cell phone contract was up anyways, so Kameron just went to Verizon yesterday and got me a new phone...and after a little sweet talking the female sales person, he was able to surprise me with the one that I wanted for a whopping good deal! 50 bucks off!! So things have worked out, and to top it off, we checked the mail yesterday and I had a little letter in the mail from my dad. It simply said "Enjoy Dinner! Love Daddy", and it had some money for Kameron and I to get out and enjoy one another's company...not to mention that on the back of the envelope it said S.W.A.K. which means Sealed With A Kiss...how cute is he??!! He didnt even know all the events from the week when he sent it, but I am grateful to have parents who are always so thoughtful and giving! They never fall short to make sure we know how much they care about us, and are always calling to check on us and coming to visit us so they can see their little Po-Po! We cant wait til we can move to Sierra Vista to be able to spend more time with them. You have to weather the Rain Storm to be able to enjoy the Rainbow!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
OH MY GOSH! Gina I am so sorry for all this crap that has happenend this week. But you do have such a great out look on it. And I think I can take note from you to be better bout stuff like that.
And I agree with you why are dentists so expensive. We have found that out recently too and am sure it will keep coming.
Yeah for a new cell phone I bet you got the one that Justin has huh and the one that I wish i could have. :)
And how nice and thoughtful of your dad to send you a note and a surprise. We all love our parents so much! :)
So sorry, things just have to get better!
Dentists suck and insurance is almost no good at all. Even with insurance Mike has to have a cleaning, just a cleaning that'll cost almost $400 !! Guess that's what you get for avoiding the dentist for about 10 yrs. And I have yet to learn how to get kids to not run away from me, Nathan ran away from me at Target and I felt so dumb.
Post a Comment