09 August 2008

Like Father....Like Son!

Okay, so I know kids grow quickly and hardly wear things before they have to be replaced, but seriously...Porter's feet are growing at an outrageous speed!! When he started walking he needed some comfy shoes to trot around in. I tried second hand stores, but he was needing a size 4 at the time and most of the stores said that 4's are harder to come by because they are in them for longer than other sizes. So I broke down and bought him a couple pairs of tennis shoes thinking, "well if he is going to wear them for a while, I might as well get some good ones!" (cheaper, but still super cute Vans and white ones) Well I was WROOOONG! Or should I say the stinkin ladies who told me that were mistaken. In the last 7 weeks since I bought the 4's he has skipped size 5 all together and is now in the lovely size of 6! Thats right, TWO whole sizes in less than two months. What the heck!! Well the cute little shoes you see in the picture I found at Ross for pretty cheap and couldnt resist, because I was there to get him some shoes. Here is where things get funny.... I have come to notice that Porter really likes shoes!! Especially when he gets new ones. And if any of you know Kameron that well...well then you would know that he doesnt get this fetish from me!! (I do like them, but Kameron likes them more!) I know its not possible to consciously make your feet bigger, but if it were...I would definately think Porter was doing this on purpose to get new shoes. He wears them all over the house and loves it. He brought them to me the other morning and kept handing them to me and sitting down. It took me a couple times to realize that he wanted me to put them on him. He didnt exactly have the matching outfit on, but he still looked pretty cute....

He was so happy when he got what he wanted!!


And he's off....we'll see how long he decides he wants to fit into these!

2 comments:

Corinne said...

That's awesome! Jameson is also obsessed with shoes. It's the first thing he asks for when he wakes up and often refuses to take them off for naps. They are also the thing he is most protective of. He gets VERY upset if anyone touches them. Silly boys!

Brad & Darcy Ellis said...

I love Porter's smile in the shoe pic. It is so classic!