09 June 2008

Hold onto your seat... Part 1

...This is going to be a LONG post! This is going to be part ONE of two posts!! Last week we left for California for Kameron's family's Family Reunion! (that was a mouthfull) And well...I took about 150 pictures, so I have had to narrow it down quite a bit. We left weds and made the long trip to L.A. I was really nervous because Porter has recently decided he doesnt like his carseat anymore. But he did GREAT! I was so proud of him. He took a short 15 minute snooze on the way, and here is how he fell asleep!


After driving about an hour out of our way, we finally made it to the hotel by 9:30 that night. Thursday morning we woke up went to Six Flags Magic Mountain! Kameron and I were very excited about this!! Lucky for us Kamarie (Kameron's sister) is pregnant and couldnt ride any of the rides, so we got to run around while she was nice enough to watch Porter and take him on all the kiddie rides. They just opened the X2 the week before we went, so we went to that ride first.
This ride was pretty outrageous, and was SOO much fun. I would have wanted to ride it again...but the line got to be like 2 to 3 hours long.

And here is Porter riding the Monster Truck ride with Uncle Kyran....Yes, Porter's uncle is only 6! ha-ha. I didnt get any other pictures of Porter at Six Flags, so when Kamarie sends them over to me I will post more!


After Six Flags we drove down to San Diego and Friday morning went to Sea World. This is where Kameron was MOST excited to go. I got lots of pictures of Sea World, so here we go... Here's Porter trying to get the Polar Bear's attention by knocking on the glass.

Porter and Mom at the Dolphin Show. This is the only 2 seconds that Porter actually wore this adorable hat! He wouldnt keep it on his head AT ALL!!!

Porter loved the Sting Ray Exhibit! He was trying to get in the water with them!

Here he is holding a Star Fish! But he tried to eat it and was squeezing it, so after we took the picture we saved the little fish from any further torment!

They had this really cool play land for the little kids and Porter had a blast! He was going everywhere and was trying to walk on the uneven surface. Here he was wrestling the other kids for the cushions. He got pushed around a lot by the bigger kids, but I was proud of how well he held his ground! Porter crawling around in his favorite part of Sea World. You can see in his eyes how tired he is from day 2 of NO nap!!


Porter and Mom going on Elmo's Adventure ride.

Our little family at the Sting Ray exhibit.


Porter crashed after a long day at Sea World! He was fighting it so hard, but from one minute to the next, he lost the battle and so fast he didnt even get a chance to lay back!

We finished the day off at the hotel pool! After walking for 2 days the hot tub was our best friend!

2 comments:

Cara said...

okay so I am so jealous. I wish we could get out of this place and just take a little vaca. And to sea world and six flags so fun! It really looks like you guys had an adventure and lots of fun. We should totally take the boys to disneyland sometime. :) That is if our hubbies would want to which I am not to sure bout mine. :)

Ashley said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! How great to take a family vacation! Such great pictures too!