12 May 2008

Year's Supply

Well as I am sure everyone knows, we all should be getting our Years Supply up and running. The prophets have been telling us for years how important it is, in order to be self reliant and prepared for the worst. But little did I realize how much a YEARS SUPPLY intailed. I know you think food right off because thats the bulk of what you really need, but you also need all the paper and toiletries as well. Thats A LOT of stuff. When I started thinking about that I went, craaaap! I was SOOO far behind I almost didnt know where to start. I have a really good friend who is SOOO great about years supply she probably has 2 years supply. (sorry Brandy haha) But it is so great because it made me feel like a total slacker, which in turn made me pick up my game! As you can see from a couple posts ago, I watched two little girls for a few...6 to be exact...days! I vowed to take a big chunck of that money and buy ALL Years supply items that we needed. And worried if I put it off I would go back on my vow...we went on saturday to Sams club and loaded up a flatbed of water and basket full of canned food! (all things we can rotate) It was amazing how fast that money went...yet it still looks like we have nothing. haha. But o'well...its a start and now I can start shopping in my own cupboards and start buying to build up my years supply! Anyways, here is the progress we made this past weekend:
Thanks to my Mother in Law for all the boxed food up top, I'm taking you up on the cannery thing!!


The food storage (I told you it looked sad after all the money we spend)

Our water supply, but it would only last like 3 months if Kameron and I only drank 2 bottles a day! CRAZY HUH!?
Our paper, cleaning, and laundry supplies!

Last but not least the hygeinic supply (minus a few more things I need to still get!)

We still have a long way to go, but we have to do this little at a time...its expensive! I am relieved though that we have a good supply for now, and I am so excited to go to the grocery store again and am able to add more to it! I know I am a little obsessed now, but I figure its a pretty good thing to be obsessed over! Kameron and I feel so blessed to have been able to get as much as we did, and I know there are lots of other things that we would have LOVED to do with that money...like finish decorating our bedroom and other rooms in our house...we think we made the wise decision. Those rooms wont feed us if we are out of food. haha. I am grateful for loving prophets who put it plain as day what we need to do, and as long as we follow we will be blessed for it! Now...its time to re-do and restock my 72 hour kit!!

No comments: