30 May 2008

Tough guy!

I dont know what it is, but the year mark has seem to hit a whole new stage for Porter. He has never been a "clumsy" or accident prone child....until he turned one! I think in the past few days he has hurt himself more than he has in his first year of life. Here are just a few things he has been through...

*Climbed the gate at my parents house, and his 22 pounds pulled it over on top of him ON the tile floor, so he had a huge bump on the back of his head where he landed.

*Closed his arm in the bottom drawer of my nightstand...which left a lined bruise across his little bicep!

*Fell off the couch multiple times (all while daddy is "watching" him).



*Landed right on his head and neck from an excersice step at a friends house...this was actually pretty scary because it just looked painful!!

*Slammed his finger in his "Dr Office Toy Box" (I dont know how else to explain it, its the wires where you can push the balls around them) because he kept lifting the lid up. I told him to stop multiple times because he was going to smash his finger....looks like mommy was right!!

*Got like a million splinters in his poor foot after he crawled in and out...and in an out...and in and out of his little playground in our backyard! I thought the railroad ties were a great idea...now I have changed my mind!! But with the distraction of food, I was able to dig out all his splinters with my tweezers and he did great!



*Tipped his bike over a few times trying to go fast from kitchen floor to carpet....doesnt work so well.

*And fell off the chest. His friend Hudson was over and they were playing on the chest in front of our couch together and were doing fine. Then Porter went to crawl forward and Hudson slightly nudged him and Porter lost his footing and toppled off the side. haha. It was hard not to laugh, but he was fine, it just scared him.

That is all that I can think of at the moment, but I am sure there have been more. This all happened since Monday...so I dont even want to know what my future holds! With a little man as active and crazy as he is, I am sure there will be a lot of bumps and bruises down the road. But it just breaks your heart when they hurt themselves, but melts your heart when all they want is Mommy! But after it all he still manages to bounce back quick, and is off to do it all over again!

In other news, he hasnt started walking yet, but last night he stood up in the kitchen and took FOUR STEPS!!! And of course I wasnt home to see it. But he will take one or two steps pretty consistantly now, so any day he is just going to take off! He does really well with his balance, and is always standing up and drinking his sippy! I dont know why, but he likes to do it and he rocks while he does it because he isnt completely solid on his feet yet.


Its amazing how fast they grow, and I cant wait to see him run around the house!

3 comments:

Meagan said...

Porter cracks me up! Gotta love the picture with the boots :)

Aaron & Jayme said...

He is getting so big!! We're still in that accident prone stage with Tristan and he's 20 months! Maybe it's a genetic thing :)

Spencer and Marlee said...

I can't believe how he is becoming a little boy! What a CUTE kid!! I new we connected sometimes! We are both accident prone! I new you were special Porter! Love you! Thanks so SO much for the cure decorations! You are such a thoughtful girl! I was telling my family how you did that. My Mom made the comment. "Gina has always been that way. Thinking about others." We love it! Thanks for helping my kithen look better! Love you tons!