12 March 2008

Drained...

I am finally home after a very long couple of days. Monday morning I headed down south for a funeral. My cousin Xenia and her three daughters were in a horrible accident, her 14 yr old daughter Kassandra was killed, and her youngest daughter Lexi is in an induced coma. Luckily her 10 yr old daughter Arianna had only road rash and bumps and bruises, and Xenia had 11 broken bones. It was a devistating accident for our whole family. The only good thing about the weekend was to see LOTS of family. Despite the distance between us, and how few times a year we see eachother, its refreshing to see how tight knit my family really is. We headed down to Douglas monday evening for a rosery they were having, and it was so sad to see all the middle school kids there upset because they lost their friend. And to see my cousin Xenia all banged up but so strong. The rosary was very nice and we got to hang out afterwards at my Uncle Zeke's house. Here is Porter and I with my Nana, who will be 90 this August! My dad (top far left) and his mom and siblings. My Uncle Dulces is the only one missing.


A few of my cousins, Xenia and her daughter Arianna sitting next to my Nana.

The next morning we had to head down to Agua Prieta Mexico for the funeral. One of my best friends that I have known all my life Marlee was so generous and watched Porter ALL day long so that I didnt have to take him to Mexico...because lets be honest, Mexico is kind of scary. The funeral was very nice and the church it was in was huge....and FREEZING...but Kassy looked absolutely beautiful. She looked JUST like her mom. My scanner isnt working or I would scan in a picture I have of her that they gave out at the funeral.

I was also lucky enough to catch some type of the flu this week as well. I felt it coming on monday when we were heading down for the rosery, but I tried to talk myself out of it. But tuesday morning I could no longer deny it. I felt like CRAP ran over by a MAC truck not once...not twice...but three million times. I only made it through the funeral because I didnt have to worry about Porter. Then last night when I got home Marlee took my temp and it was just under 102. NO WONDER I felt like crap. Anyways, I am finally home now and I am feeling mentally, emotionally, and physically drained. Big thanks to Marlee for watching Porter, nursing me back to health with the Emergen-C and gatorade, and for allowing me to stay at her house!! Even though we didnt get to hang out and talk as much as I would have liked, it was still fun. Thanks Wadd!! Now I just have to get myself 100% by tomorrow for my volleyball finals....wish me luck!!

7 comments:

Lexie & Sharrid said...

I have a very different kind of flu also, but no temp. I caught it sunday night and Tuesday was my roughest day. I think that I'm hopefully on the mend. Read my blog for the whole story, I had to go to the ER it was so bad.

Giselle said...

That is so sad about Xenia's daughter :( I never met her, but my heart goes out to her. That must be so devastating.
I miss Rose and Sandy! :( If you see them again any time soon tell them hello from me & Elijah.
Hope you feel better!

Cara said...

Now I understand why you said it was going to be a busy week for you. I am sorry to hear bout your cousins daughter. And also to hear that you have not been feeling good. I was just thinking bout you the other day so hopefully we will get a chance to hang out again soon. Hope you started feeling better. :)

CASSIE said...

I AM SOO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LOSS. THAT IS SO HARD TO GO THROUGH--IT WAS NICE TO SEE YOU AT THE BLESSING..YOUR BOY IS SOO CUTE..HOW OLD IS HE NOW? OH--I TOTALLY LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR BACKGROUND..CUTEST ONE I HAVE SEEN YET!!

Spencer and Marlee said...

I want you to know I will watch that little guys ANYTIME!!! He is so good and so gosh darn cute! It was so nice to see you. I am excited for the next time, which I hope is in the near future. I Love you and hope you are feeling better!

Josh n' Meagan said...

Oh Gina! I'm sorry about your cousin. What a hard thing to go through. Unfortunately I know just how they are feeling. I'm glad the funeral went well. I wish them the best during such a hard time!

Moss Family said...

Hello Gina! I have lots of random comments...so hang in there...I'm sorry about you having TWO urgent care visits...what a pain. But seems like your little guy is holding strong. And no worries...he didn't seem sick that morning at all. How would you have known?
And sorry you got sick on your trip to the funeral...Glad you got to see family though!
And...is it your B-Day on Sunday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What are you doing to celebrate?
Last comment...how did your V-ball tourney end up?