I am now back in the real world after a LONG relaxing weekend. My wonderful sister was nice enough to invite me on a "girls" weekend to the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa in Scottsdale. She won the hotel stay at work, and I am so glad I was able to reap the benefits. We left friday night and started the weekend with dinner at Cheesecake Factory. YUMMY!! Then hung out at the bonfire they had outside the hotel in the courtyard next to the lake. It was freezing, but it was fun to just hang out and stay up late...okay I'll be honest...I probably wouldnt have stayed up THAT late, but I survived, and had fun. haha. Then saturday we went out to breakfast at the Good Egg, and did a little shopping. Later that day came my favorite part of the WHOLE weekend....The Agave Spa!! I have gotten a couple massages before, but it was nothing near to how great this was. It was out of a movie. We got robes and slippers and there were drinks and big comfy chairs. After the one hour massage we took full advantage of all the perks and sat in the Steam Room and Hot Tub for a good hour after that. We also showered there instead of our room because they had FABulous smelling shampoo and conditioner. I came home with a really bad habit....I cant wait to go back! (it will be a LONG time I am sure....but I AM going to go back some day!) After the 2 hours spent in the spa, we got ready and went out to dinner at a Mexican Restaurant....I cant remember the name. Here we are leaving the hotel to go to dinner:
I know that you didnt "approve" this picture Amy, but this is the only one I got of us...which is weird because I am usually so good at taking pictures. Anyways, but after dinner we were so tired and relaxed from the Spa we just went back to the hotel and went to bed. Oh and another funny thing that happened....we some how were lucky enough to get a handicap room. So we had a very interesting shower and we made jokes we would take turns pushing eachother in and out of the shower. lol. It was a really beautiful hotel, and here is the view from our balcony...
Even though the weather was wet most of the weekend, we still enjoyed it....but we met LOTS of disappointed people from ALL over that came there for some sun! O'well better luck to them next time. Thanks to my wonderful husband who so graciously allowed me to go and enjoy myself while he was home watching Porter. And mostly to my oh so generous sister Amy! The weekend was a little out of my price range to say the least and thanks to an early birthday present, she made my day at the spa possible. We dont get to spend a whole lot of time together...especially one on one...since we live so far from eachother, but I am glad for the girl/sister time we had this weekend. Thanks Amy for inviting me along, and for helping me out with the massage! I really love and appreciate you for it!! And one day I will be able to do the same for you!




2 comments:
My name is Heidi and April Duggins is my sister. I have heard her mention your family living by her. Anyway I came across your blog and wondered how you did your background with all those pictures, it is so cute!
JEALOUS!!! That looks like so much fun! About it being freezing there, well ok, i'll let you say it was cold. You derserve that papering there!! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Post a Comment