22 January 2008

Attacked by a Police Dog!!

This past saturday Kameron made plans with some friends from the ward to go out shooting...and whatever else boys do. It ended up not working out last minute so I told Kameron I would go with him, because he was really bummed he wasnt going to get to go, so I asked his cousin to watch Porter. When we were leaving one of our friends called and they were going out as a family to shoot and invited us to go along. So we went to their house and hopped in with them and their 4 kids. (We still dropped Porter off though, haha) It made the trip SO much more enjoyable with Heidi along. We for the most part sat in their car and talked while the guys shot round after round, moving targets, and let the kids shoot. Aaron is a DPS officer so on the way home he decided to pull some donuts on a secluded and very dusty road...which meant we couldnt see out the window mid spins. And anyone that knows me well, knows that I am SUPER paranoid in cars. Kameron sat there laughing because he knew how much I was freaking out inside. I was just laughing because if I didnt laugh I probably would have cried. haha. So I covered my eyes and through lots of prayer we made it out safetly. I know I know, he is a trained professional, but it doenst change the fact that I am scared to no end in cars. ANYWAYS, on the way home we received an invitation from their 8 year old Aki to eat lunch with them, and decided to go get some hot dogs and BBQ at their house. Aaron is a DPS K-9 Unit, so he has the coolest dog named Brett. He is the nicest dog, but at the same time is a police dog so he only listens to Aaron. Kameron being mr macho decided that he wanted to take a "bite" from the dog...which means put this thing on your arm and let the dog attack you. So here are pictures of Kameron getting his "bite"....







Keep in mind that Kameron had to take like 6 bites to ensure this type of step by step picture action. And it really does not do the event justice. That dog ran full speed and would jump and hit Kameron with his front paws while biting at his arm, which in result knocked him back like 10 feet. We took a video, but it wouldnt let me download it. Something about not having the right programs. But anyways, it was an eventful day with the Buckmisters. Kameron is also decided that he wants to be a DPS officer, so he is going with Aaron on a ride along this weekend to see how he likes it. I am SO not keen on the idea of being a Police Officer's wife, I have friends that tell me how scary it is, but if thats really what he wants to do with his life...who am I to tell him no. He has his application filled out and ready, but I dont know if I am prepared for the next steps. I guess what ever is supposed to be will be....

2 comments:

Spencer and Marlee said...

You gotta love Kameron! That is funny! As far as hime being a police officer I can see it! I also TOTALLY see where you are coming from being nervous about it! Also I LOVE that picture of Porter (below) That is priceless! I can't believe how big he is! He has 6 teeth? My goodness! What a Hunk!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a good wife to volunteer to go shooting with your hubby. =) And I bet that was cool to see a dog in action like that.
And good luck with the application for Kameron to be a DPS officer. I'm like you and would probably be pretty hesitant about it- scary!