Well I am proud to say that Porter has made it through 9 months of life and is still alive and well. I think every first time mother worries how she is going to take care of a baby and keep them alive. When will I know he is hungry, tired, teething, has a tummy ache, and everything else that babies experience? And all I can say is trial and error! Through a lot of trial and error Porter is still happy, healthy, and full of personality...which this picture is living proof of that. He is SO animated and always has new faces to share. I seriously cannot believe my baby boy is 9 months old. Time really does fly when you are having fun. And between Porter and Kameron....there is NEVER a dull moment in the Lee household. Especially now that Porter is EVERYWHERE. He is my new puppy...he follows me where ever I go, and chews on my legs when I am standing at the sink or doing my hair in the bathroom. Porter's new favorite thing is Cheerios! I could put him in his booster with a never ending flow of cheerios and I would probably not hear a peep out of him all day. I have also discovered bananas! He hated the babyfood bananas, but I dont blame him...they had a really weird consistancy! But I cut up some banana and let him at it and he LOVED it. It took him about 3 minutes to pick up one piece (they are really slippery) and he sat there for a good 30 minutes eating like 10 little pieces of banana. It was hilarious to watch him concentrate SO hard to pick one up. 
Porter also officially has 6 teeth. He is getting so good at chewing...and biting!!! But he only bites me NOT Kameron! Not fair. Since he has gone through breaking 4 teeth at one time he has kind of tried to outlaw naps. He will try so hard to avoid them and he will fight taking a nap with all of his strength. Well I had to clean my Aunt Carol's house this week and I didnt have time to fuss with him to take a nap. So I put him in his pack'n play and gave him some toys and shut him into one of the bedrooms and let him fuss. Well he ended up playing for a good hour or so, but he couldnt fight it any longer.....
He was all played out and finally fell asleep. I am hoping this is just a phase and he will go back to taking good naps, not just 45 minutes here and there. Because between him crawling and not taking naps...I hardly find time to get everything done. After 9 months of being a mom, I can easily say that there is nothing in the world better!! Kids are such a blessing, and especially when they are this cute. haha. So for all you girls out there debating on starting a family or not...You know who YOU ARE...just do it. You wont be sorry!




5 comments:
Yes I agree... you won't regret becoming a mom! Even though I do think at times of many things we could be doing right now if we had waited to have kids... I wouldn't trade one day!
Porter is so cute! I can't believe he got all those teeth at once! They grow up so fast huh?
Oh and ps. volleyball was so much fun! I can't wait to play again. Hopefully we don't choke again. And I need to work on my passing big time!
Gina, I was giggling when I saw Porter at church today. Little Jocelyn kept pulling the pacifier out of his mouth and then she'd stick it back in. He'd suck happily for a few seconds until she'd grab it out again. The look on his face was so cute.
What a doll! Amen, mommy-hood is fantastic!
How fun! I love hearing people that love being a mom because it makes me so excited for it. Porter is the cutest.
i love the mommy plug gina...i hear you. at least we all know that once it happens for us we will LOVE life (like we do now) and not the opposite. he is getting so big and is still as cute as ever! i liked to imagine him eating his bananas...
Post a Comment