18 October 2007

Coyote Calling...


Yesterday Kameron and I went out Coyote Calling. I know I know...you are thinking "Gina? Coyote Calling?" And yes, I did go. And it was kind of fun. BUT...we were only out there for about 30 minutes! haha. I am glad I went and got to spend time with Kameron without the baby, but at the same time I probably wont be the first one in the truck to go back out. Kameron told me to sit VERY still and just move my eyes. Problem #1: My hair kept blowing in the wind and getting stuck in my nose, so naturally it was getting really itchy. And twitching my nose only brought momentary relief. Then there was the calling part. I started laughing because it sounded like a 2 year old found a Kazoo and went crazy. We had no luck with any coyotes, but its because Kameron said we didnt have enough time. So we decided to check and make sure that the scope on his gun was on target for his hunt next weekend. I was actually a pretty good shot. Problem #2: ringing ears. This gun wasnt the loudest one we shot, but it definately made my ears ring, and I HATE that. We were aiming at a rock about 300 yards away and I got within a foot of it. I actually got closer than Kameron!!! I know I know...I didnt hit it, but hey I have only shot a gun a hand full of times in my life. Plus that that gun was heavy and was hard to get steady on the target without a stand. Thats where we lead to problem #3: the kickback. I guess I didnt hold the gun firmly enough on my shoulder and it kicked a little. Not a lot, but enough to make my shoulder a little sore. Kameron even admitted that his was a little sore too. (something that probably wouldnt have been mentioned if he were with the boys) Then Kameron shot his glock, an incredibly loud gun! I hummed to myself while he shot because I didnt want my ears to ring worse for the rest of the night. That is why I only posed with this gun instead of actually shooting it. haha I did shoot this gun after I bought it for Kameron for his birthday a year and a half ago, and it made me bleed. Something with the barrel popping back or something. None the less...if something makes me bleed, I'm not likely to do it again. Its not called being scared, its called being smart!!! I learned my lesson. Well we had to pack up and head home because our friends Meagan and Abe were nice enough to watch Porter while we went out and we had to go pick him up. Kameron decided to take us on a short cut home. AKA- very scary steap road!! This picture doesnt really do how scary this road was justice. I kept reminding Kameron that we had a 6 month old waiting for us that we had to return to. He then proceeded to remind me that he grew up driving this way...which is when I reminded him that I DIDNT grow up driving this way, and he knew that before he brought me. haha. Well obviously we made it down the scary mountain and home safely. Which brings me to this last picture of me being home safe with my little Po-Po.

It was an eventful evening and I am glad we went. I wouldnt mind going again, but there is NO WAY I would want to do that ALL day. I'll stick to shopping and scrapbooking with my mom while the boys go hunting. And despite what everyone else thought, me included, Kameron said that he liked going with me. I thought it was going to be like Bill Engvall and his joke about taking his wife out hunting with him. But it turned out to be fun, and the ringing stopped shortly after leaving. Well thats my story of my first time Coyote Calling. You might want to ask Kameron, his version might be slightly different! =)

3 comments:

Haymore Family said...

hey wow, so it is football season and that is all that matters! get with it gina! jk but wow good for you, i should be getting started too! my address is 1555 skyline ave. sierra vista, az 85635 you need to give me your too, maybe i will try to start early too! no i will i need too!

MeL said...

You are such a nice wife for totally going along with Kameron and even looking totally hot while shooting guns! Anyways, congrats on being on the ball with Christmas card lists, we most likely won't send out Christmas cards at all until we have kids to showcase! So in otherwords, not for like 10 more years! Just kidding, but it seems like it sometimes! So anyways, our number is #229, and I'm totally looking forward to getting exciting mail!

Melissa said...

hey-Tate and are going to be at a roping with Chris at Wild Horse Pass today. We'll probably get bored, so maybe we can come for a visit? When is Marlee coming into town? Give me a call 480-204-1820
Hopefully we'll see you later! ~Melissa