26 October 2011

Oh Porter!!!

Porter, Porter, Porter, PORTER! What am I going to do with this kid? I know that my blog used to be all sorts of exciting with stories of Porter's antics. Just because I havent posted...doesnt mean he hasnt been the same crazy kid he has been since the womb.

This kid is the sweetest kid to the core. He is so happy, and has the most fun loving personality. However...(there is always a BUT)....lately, I am flying first class to Crazy Town, and Porter...well he is the Pilot. I hear about children who dont get into things, dont raid the cupboards, open locks, and crawl out second story windows helping their two year old sister out to the ledge..and think so myself...HOW was I so lucky to get a child that does all the above?! Anastyn I dont think is naughty by nature. But she is really smart and a quick learner...and well Porter, he is the teacher and she is absorbing everything.

I am in trouble people. These two may just be the death of me. Its not JUST Porter anymore. He has an accomplice. A partner in crime. Someone he quickly points a finger at when caught in the act...and well, its hard to prove sometimes who is at fault, resulting in two kids in time out giggling at each other from across the room. Have I mentioned how hard it is to discipline when they are both laughing at each other? Hard. VERY hard, I tell you. And it sorta kinda makes me a little looney. To the point when sometimes I have to take a MOMMY time out because all I want to do is scream.

Oh the joys of children. And people wonder and ask where number 3 is, I just dont know what to tell them. I want to respond...number 3 is Porter, and Anastyn...well she is 4,5, and 6! When they said the most spirited kids were saved for the last days, they werent kidding. Spirited they are.

But you know what? I love them JUST the way they are. They are hilarious, fun, and have personalities in spades. Is it a miracle I have any hair left on my head? Absolutely. You want to know how come I got two kids like this? Because I am lucky. Because I can handle them. And because they are teaching me things I never thought I would learn other wise.

And even if when I check on Porter at night before I go to bed I find this...

...After a quick picture, scream into my pillow, and 6mg of melatonin...I always say a prayer thanking My Heavenly Father for this sweet boy in my life!! Because lets be honest...how boring would life be without him?!

5 comments:

Kacy said...

I've got to give credit where credit is due and you definitely have your hands full. But sweet Anastyn a trouble maker? Never!

Tiffany said...

haven't checked your blog in a while and loved catching up on it :) Your kids pied piper photo shoot turned out ADORABLE! I was so jealous when you won that, I love the pied piper! :)
It sounds like you guys have had a crazy busy year! Are you still working part-time too? On top of all your primary president stuff?? You are super-woman! I bet the primary kids love you :)

The Seiuli's said...

Aw I love those two. They couldn't be more perfect for each other. They are going to have such a blast in all their stages of life together.

Anonymous said...

My dear Gina, I have 2 of my own and lets just say that when I think they have FINALLY grown out of it, they r at it again! They laugh at each other too, and when I am loosing my cool they think it is even funnier!!!!! Then I have to take a mommy time out cuz at that point all I want to do is......well its too upsetting to say;) BUT, I love them too much! Its good thing too! My dad always tells me, "someday when they have kids just like them......u get to just laugh and say aren't pay backs fun?!"

Anonymous said...

UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT