20 April 2011

Soaking in Every Moment!

I cant believe that my baby boy is FOUR years old! It seems like just yesterday he was born, and while wallowing in the depression that he is growing up, I was going thru old pictures and well...shedding a tear or two, and remembering what a wonderful little boy he is!

Porter at a week old! He was such a pretty newborn!

He chubbed up really fast, and this was him at 3 months!

This is just a glimps into his personality. Always smiling, making faces, and lighting up the room!

What did I tell you, he was and is still such a HAM!

Porter at a year old! Boy did he love his food!

My handsome boy at 18 months.


2 years old!

3 1/2 years old!
Porter and Mom on his Birthday celebrating with a Happy Meal!

The night before his birthday I was literally crying telling Kameron that I am so sad that he was going to be FOUR, and how much I miss his cute little personality when he was a baby. It hit me that I wont ever get to play with that particular baby again. He was one of a kind, and it makes me sad and wish I had soaked up more of that sweet chubby baby!! Its so bitter sweet to see him grow up, I wish I could freeze them and never let them grow, protect them from the world, and love them little forever. I know that thats impossible, but a mother could wish cant she?! I am so proud of the little boy Porter has become. He is the best big brother, always watching after Anastyn, and just loves her so much. He has developed great habits of reading the scriptures and saying prayers every night before bed. He NEVER lets me forget, he is such an example to me!! Porter is so smart, determined, and as sweet as can me. There is no greater blessing on this earth, then to call him my Son! I am proud of you Porter, you are loved and admired more then your little mind can even imagine. Happy Birthday Monster!

7 comments:

Erin Householder said...

This is sweet. I think we all feel the same way. Taylor Swift sums it all up in the song 'Never Grow Up'. He is a little cutie!

Lisa said...

I'm already feeling that way, and Sayla's only going to be 2. Growing up is not only hard for us as adults, but growing up all around is NO FUN!! :) Porter is so darn handsome. Happy 4th! :)

Major and Mrs. said...

This is so sweet it made me all teary! He is so cute, Gina! I think four is such a FUN age, but I can totally see why you would miss him as a little baby :)

Cara said...

The time really did fly by! Loved seeing all the olded pics of him. So True about missing him when he was a baby and wishing you could have soaked up all that time more. I feel that same way. Guess its time for a new baby. :)

Spencer and Marlee said...

Happy Birthday little guy!! He is such a good boy! I love that I get to him often!

The Seiuli's said...

Happy Birthday Porter! We love you tons! :)

Briana Marie said...

I can't believe he is 4. For some reason he reminds me of Kaiden :) He is seriously a beautiful child and those eyes are amazing. Happy Birthday Porter!