After about 8 months of waiting, our cruise has finally come, but gone way too quickly. We, I mean "I" tearfully left my babies and we headed to San Diego with Kameron's family to go on a 5 day cruise. On the trip we were surprised with a snow storm driving through CALIFORNIA!!! (Warning...picture overload!)

What the what? Snow....really? And it was coming down pretty hard.

After our 6 hour drive, a few laughs through security, we were on board, and off to do what we did best the entire week.....EAT!!
We got settled into our room, toured the boat, and after we set sail we all met in the dining room for diner.

Our first night in the dining room. We were at a very awkward table right by the entrance but when I got my ribs and ice cream...I was able to block that part out. =)
Then Monday was all day at sea, so we spent the day scoping out all the cool things on board, going to the hot tub, eating, napping, eating more, having ice cream cones, lounging, and then eating a little more. I am sure you are seeing a pattern here! Then that night was formal night, so we got all spiffied up, and headed to get our "professional" pictures taken.

Kamarie took this for us while the lady was telling us how to pose, where to put our hands, head, arms...etc.

We were getting ready to enjoy our diner. But to be honest...I am not really a fancy person...so most of the super fancy dishes were a little strange for me. But I tried a lot of new things.

And of course we had to show off how classy we are!!

After diner we all went and changed, and then headed to Pharoh's Palace for a show.

Little did we know what we were in for. Seriously. It was terrible, and Kamarie and I spent the time laughing at the dancers, and her parents who were all sleeping.
After another lovely night of sleep we arrived to our destination...Cabo San Lucas!!!! We headed to the port, haggled with the lovely native men, got a great deal for all the guys to go fishing for the afternoon, and us girls got the guy to give us a good deal on "Horseback riding on the beach"!

Here Kamarie and I are in a lovely bus taxi thing, and we are laughing because we are driving really far from the pier, down a deserted ditch...SO not kidding...and into this run down farm. We were laughing that they were going to dump our bodies. But luckily, everything worked out well, the people at the farm for either really nice, or just didnt understand english...either way it was fun.

Saddle up Partner!! I have only ridden a horse once before in my entire life....And they just tossed me on and were like "Vamanos!!"

Group shot. They were actually really nice about taking a billion pictures for us!

I wasnt doing too bad....but it was still early...

And here we are in the beach. We literally walked up, he lined us up, and he took a picture with the boat in the back ground!! And then we walked back around the ditch some more. False advertisement of horseback riding on the beach? I think so!! After another 20 minutes or so, my horse started nipping at the other horses rear ends, taking off running, and being tempermental. I was kinda freaking out. I was laughing and joking, because like Chandler from Friends...I tend to use humor as a defense mechanism. After one long stride of galloping I happily went back to the farm and got a clean pair of shorts. Ok, so I am being dramatic, but seriously was glad to be off. Mostly because my butt hurt SOOOO bad from all the trotting that I can still barely sit on a hard surface 5 days later. Ouch!! I also was able to hold a baby goat, and we saw some other animals, but those must be on their cameras. And I have no pictures from the fishing...sorry Kam. I will post those when i get them emailed to me!
Day two, we headed back to the Port and we were all excited to go zipline and parasail. Unfortunately to my HUGE disappointment, we were too late for ziplining. Seriously I wanted to cry. That was #1 on my want to do list. Did I mention I got super sick the night before and the only way I got out of bed was from Kameron giving me a blessing and thinking about all the money we spent to get there...oh and ZIPLINING. And I didnt want to miss out on the fun.

I was so sick in this picture, but I was pushing through. After deciding what to do instead we went ahead with the parasailing. And I am so glad we did. Kamarie and Reed wanted to go as well, and Kyler wanted to go too, so we added him to our flight and we headed out.

All suited up and ready!!

This is right as we took off! It was the coolest thing!!

The teeny tiny little people would be us. We were sooo high. As we drove by our ship, we were higher then the top deck. YIKES!!

And they are wheeling us back in I was nervous I would have to touch the water, but thank you little mexican boy for not having that happen! It was a blast and I am really glad that we did it.

Please meet the cruise ship named "Spirit"! Isnt she a beaut? It really was a beautiful ship!!
Back on land we walked around and shopped and then we decided after debating the whole day before...to hold these cute little guys!!

This is a baby Lion, and she is drinking her bottle. Seriously, how freakin cute is that?!

Kyran really wanted to hold them, so we paid the $25 and the 3 of us sat down and got to hold him for a while. We all took turns, and seriously, I wanted to keep it. I mean look at it!! "Its so fluffy I'm gonna die!!"

And this just might be my favorite picture!!! Kyran tends to give these cheesy grins for the camera, but this picture is just pure happiness. His real and true smile. I love it. He was soo happy to hold it, it make the $25 well worth it! =)

We took our time coming out and pet the other little guy as long as we could. Who else can say they held and pet a baby Tiger and Lion! My point exactly!!

We enjoyed walking through all the shops and markets haggling with all the people, buying great jewelry, and trinkets for the kids, and we made a trip to the pharmacy to get me a Zpac because I couldnt stand feeling like poop! And of course our trip wouldnt be complete without holding the oversized iguanas on the street. Isnt he cute?! I just had to give him some sugar. =)

Drained and exhausted I still managed to make it to dinner, where we enjoyed eachother's stories from the day, and some good food.

Meet Damir! He is from Croatia and was a lot of fun. He was our server every night, and we talked to him every meal because he was working around the clock. I cant believe the crazy hours these people work on the ship. I dont know how they do it!

A girls picture. I look a little strange because I was only half conscious because all I could think about was medicine and sleep.

Every night at dinner there was some sort of dancing, or singing, on and off the tables, but on the last night all the waiters came in and sang to us. These are our two servers, and they were hilarious. Kyran jumped in on the fun. We were sad to say good bye, but we made facebook friends with Damir, and I am sure we will see him again sometime down the road!

And here is a bunny I think that our room people made us one night. They were SOOO good. We literally left for a half hour, and they had already cleaned, turned down our bed, and left us this little bad boy. The hospitality on the ship was definately top knotch!!
After a whole week of being gone from my babies I was sooo excited to get home to see them. They had so much fun playing with their cousins, but it made me happy to see Anastyn's face light up and her lay her head of my shoulder and not move for a few minutes. Man I missed my little cling on monkey, even though it gets to be a bit much sometimes, I am enjoying it and eating it up. Before long she will be too big for Mommy time. I am grateful for the time away, for a trip that was long over due, for great family who took care of the little people we love at home, and those who went with us. And even though I got sick, what better place to be sick then in Cabo with someone who makes my bed for me, cooks my meals for me, and let me sleep with no kids to interupt!
Now....where should we book our next cruise to? The saving starts again tomorrow!
12 comments:
Cruising is definitely addicting. We'll start saving too and we'll go on the next one together. Looks like you had a blast.
Wow! Looks like you had a great time!! You look beautiful. I want to hold one of those little lions and tigers ;) Love and miss you!
I officially want to go on a cruise...but not if they make you kiss an iguana! Is that the picture you were speaking of??? Because seriously Gina, that's disgusting. It was all I could do to even look at it. Ha ha. You're so brave!
so glad you had fun! bummer you got sick. that happened to me too, but luckily it was on the last day and a half we were on the boat. i've never seen 3 people parasailing at a time- looks fun!
Looks like a fun trip! Randy and I were actually looking into going on this same exact cruise when he finishes PT school next summer! I have been to Cabo once before but never with Randy...and a cruise seems like a good vacay to do without kids :) Our only rule is that we have to go someplace tropical and warm after making it through these bitter cold chicago winters for 3 years!
Looks like you had a blast! I've been wanting to go on a cruise forever!
All of that sounds like so much fun, well minus the getting sick part. But you are right what a good place to be sick when you didn't have any kids to bug you and your food was prepared for you too. :) I am going to have to have Justin read all about how much fun you guys had so then maybe I can talk him into us going on a cruise sometime too. :)
Looks like you guys had a great time! I love cruises! I would suggest my 3 favorites :)
1) Alaska---amazing!
2) Hawaii---who wouldn't love that?
3) Carribean...went through the Panama Canal and did a bunch of other countries :)
Good luck saving! I want to go on another one!
Gina you are seriously so beautiful. And it looks like you had a great time... too bad you had to deal with sickness while there. How about next cruise is a 'couples cruise'? I would love to vacation with you! =)
Fun! I want to hold a tiger:)
Yay I'm so glad you love it cuz I want all of us to go on one at the same time, so much fun!!!
That looks like so much fun. Too bad you were sick. Now you just have to go again.
Post a Comment