1.) He has GREAT manners! Whenever he wants something, he always says please. And every time someone helps him or gives him something, he says "O Tant You!" I asked him to be a helper and throw Anastyn's diaper in the trash can and he turned to me and said, "Oh Tant you Mommy, Oh Tant You!!" He was doing me a favor but was so happy that I was letting him help! And when his little friend Wes comes over, and when Wes hands Porter a toy, he will say "Oh Tant you Wessee!" I am a firm believer that manners are a MUST!!
2.) Speaking of him being a helper, he gets so excited when we let him help! Everytime he gets a blanket or throws a diaper away, or puts the binkie in Anastyn's mouth, he will look at me and say "Big Helper!!" And once a week when Kameron mows the lawn and does all the yard work, Porter is always out "helping" and will come and pop his head in the doggie door and yell "Mommy!! Daddy Big Helper! Big Helper!" and will repeat this til I confirm that YES he is Daddy's big helper!
3.) When he wakes up in the morning, the first thing he wants to do is give me a hug! I LOVE it. Then he asks for baby "sisser" and when he finally sees her, he will look at me and say "baby sisser so tute mommy, baby sisser so tute!!"
4.) When family is over to visit for the weekend, every night he HAS to tell everyone goodnight with a hug and a kiss! Last time Kameron's mom and brother Kyran were here, Porter went to give Kyran a kiss, and to a 7 year old boy its apparently gross! He looked at Kameron and was like "He just tried to kiss me!" haha.
5.) He LOVES LOVES LOVES my dad, AKA Tata!! Whenever I say Grammy...he will follow with "Tata?" And get so excited when he sees him and bugs my dad constantly to ride the "Vroom Vrooms" when we are there visiting.
6.) Every time Kameron leaves to go to Wal-Mart or where ever, Porter is guaranteed to go with him, and will say "Bye Mommy, Bye!" about a million times before making it out the door! Last Sunday Porter had a surprise in his diaper in Sacrament meeting so I got up to take him out, and he yelled "Bye Daddy, Bye Daddy!" until we were out the door. Not exactly reverent, but totally sweet!
7.) A couple weeks ago in Sacrament meeting, Porter was enjoying some animal crackers when all of a sudden I hear him saying (rather loudly) "YeeeeHaw" and when I look over to tell him to be reverent, I see him trying to sit on the camel animal cracker. When that didnt work he just pinched it between his legs and continued his "ride". I did try to get him to quiet down, but I admit, it was through laughter!
8.) Another during sacrament moment, I always make him sit and fold his arms for the prayers, and I put my finger over my mouth and tell him "Shhhhh, we're saying prayers". So the other night at dinner we sat down, and I was talking to Kameron before we said the prayer, and Porter looked at me and said "Shhhh Mommy, Pers" with his finger over his mouth! Lets just say Daddy had to say the prayer because I couldnt stop laughing at him immitating me!
9.) At night when its time to go to bed, he will find Kameron where ever he is and say "Monn Daddy, say pers!" (Pers is prayers to all those who arent fluent in Porter language) One night I was busy feeding the baby on the couch so Kameron went to put Porter in bed without me, and when Kameron walked out Porter started to scream. I asked Kameron if he said prayers with him, and Kameron realized he didnt, when he went back in and said prayers with Porter, he went to bed without a fuss. It was then that I realized that I may make a lot of mistakes as a mother, but I decided I have done atleast one thing right. I am so glad that he wont rest until we have family prayer!
10.) While driving in the car, he points out EVERY motorcycle on the road! And trust me, when you have a two year old looking for them...there are a LOT more than you will realize. He will seriously spot one from a mile away, and when it passes he will say "Mommy! Vroom Vroom Cycle back der, See it Mommy? See it?" And he will repeat this until I say "Yes, Porter! Mommy Saw it!" And last time we were in Sierra Vista my dad had pulled out an old picture of me sitting on a chopper (morotcycle). When Porter saw it he said "Mommy Vroom Vroom Cycle, Nice!" haha. Apparently I won some cool points with him from my younger days!
11.) When he eats something he likes, he will always go "Mmmmm, its nummy!"
12.) If he drops something or gets mad, he will say "oh dangit". Not the best thing he could have learned from me, but it could be worse, right?!!
13.) We were leaving the house one morning and I was running crazy trying not to forget anything and I made him sit down to put his own shoes on, and he looks at me and says "Oh gosh" as if he were out of breath and thinking "calm down Mommy!"
14.) I always tell him I love him by pointing to my eye and saying "I" crossing my arms across my heart saying "LOVE" and point to him and say "YOU!!!!" and his response is "I" "YOU" while pointing to his eye and me. Hasnt quite gotten the heart part, but I get the idea. It melts my heart!
15.) When he does something bad and earns himself a time out, I always make him apologize to me for misbehaving, or say sorry to whomever he was mean to, and last sunday when he threw a MAJOR fit TWICE in sacrament meeting I took him out and stuck him in time out in an empty room and closed the door. He did NOT like this and was screaming and throwing a tantrum. Then I hear him come to the door and through tears I can hear him say " I darry Mommy, I darry!" Then proceeded to come out and give me a hug and a kiss repeating "I darry" a million times. How can you want to strangle a child one moment, and they melt your heart the next?!!
16.) When we say "Porter lets go take a shower." he runs FULL speed to the bathroom stripping clothes off the entire way screaming "Dower, Dower!"
17.) And lastly, when its time to clean up I tell him to help, and he says "meam up, meam up" as they sing it in nursery!
Obviously I could go ON and ON about the adorable little things he says and does. But it just boils down to he really is sweet to the core. He just has more energy packed into that little body each day, then I have in a week! He is incredibly smart, to the point that its scary sometimes. He has a very laid back personality, that he doesnt throw fits when another kid hits him or takes his toy. He usually just walks away, and acts as if fighting over it is a waste of time. He is determined. When he wants something to work...stacking, fitting into something...he will make it work. And if he cant, he will find us and say "help you, help you" so we can help him make it work. Porter Grant may be a handful, but he is just the perfect example of a "Little Boy!" and Kameron and I both wouldnt want to change his inventive and creative way of life. It makes him Porter, and we just love him for it! We love you, and like it says in one of our favorite books, (my own version atleast) "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, My Monster you'll be!!"




4 comments:
He is ADORABLE!!! I love all the cute stories! I didn't know how cute he was before I read all the stories but it is fun to read them and hear why I really this little guy!! He is a good cute kid!!
okay...that one about the camel animal cracker had me laughing!!! i mean really, that is just hilarious to picture. i mean i think that would be funny anywhere, but in sacrament meeting is even funnier. i loved this post and learning about the sweet side of porter. he really is a character!
Aw, Porter is so sweet! That's great he is a big helper with Anastyn...very cute!
I think he is just STINKING cute! It was very nice to see you and your family!
I still want the recipe (if you don't mind). My e-mail is jennesa_schneider@yahoo.com
Your the best!
Post a Comment