Yesterday we had Anastyn's check up with the doctor, and had her blood work done to see if we could send the bili-blanket back to where it came from. And YEAH for her, we are all done with the light treatments. From this picture you cant really tell, but she is all cozied up in her bili-blanket...thats where the bluish hugh of light is coming from around her face. She also had gained back 8 ounces since we left the hospital, so she is doing great! She is such a good baby, hardly cries and is so content. All she wants to do is sleep! And when she is awake she loves to just watch her environment. Nights havent been too bad, she is only waking up twice a night, and some nights only once.Porter is also really starting to love her! He always asks to "Hold it!" and holds his arms out. And in the morning he will ask for "baby sister" and want to love her. I am afraid he is going to love her too much, and that mommy is going to have to watch him every second so he doesnt try to "hold it" while mom isnt watching.
He holds her everyday, and here he is loving little Anastyn. She also had her very first sponge bath at home last week, and she didnt exactly love it.
But she looked so cute and we are seeing her funny facial expressions already! Thanks to daddy, I think all our kids will get this hilarious trait!
Porter also decided this week that he was going to make himself look like a beaten child! Saturday he got a bruise on his forehead from running in my aunt's yard and tripping on a rug, causing him to plummet head first into the cement! Sunday he was ridding his tricycle outside and hit the cement with his front tires and went over the handle bars busting his chin...once again on the cement! Then Monday morning, he was playing in the cabinet and after Dad told him to stop and Porter didnt listen...Porter hit the shelve inside just right, and split his lip open!! And just in time for family pictures tomorrow! His lip is what the picture is of above! Doesnt he look so proud of his battle wounds?!! Hopefully my baby girl will be a little more careful!





5 comments:
She is so adorable! I need to come see you guys, and I also want to bring you guys dinner one of these days.
Funny about Porter's rough go, Hey Gina, do you still have that extra Sam's club card? Let me know, I'll buy it off if you do...comment back or email.
Gina,
Congrats on your girly I realized I never commented! She is so perfect and I am glad you had such a great experience! Random but are you nursing? How is it going? I would love to see you two sometime!
She has changed alot since we had seen her at the hospital. Glad we were able to get to see you guys on Monday. It was fun while it lasted. :) And I can't believe how good you have it if she sometimes only wakes up once for a feeding at night. LUCKY! And I love Porter he is so funny! And such a strong little guy for all that stuff to happen to him and still be so darn happy. : )
Post a Comment