Yesterday during naptime I couldnt get Porter to stay in his room. I had tried many many attempts at child proof door knobs, but it would take him about 2 seconds to figure them out...pop them off...and come walking out. After much searching and many different brands and types of knobs, we have finally found one that has mastered my almost two year old. Its made by the Red Cross...go figure. Anyways, I threw that bad boy on the inside of his door, and he was NOT so happy that he was a prisoner in his own room. But after a few minutes of crying...all went quiet. I wondered where he had fallen asleep since I knew he had crawled out of his pack'n play and cant get back into it. In hopes that he had layed down on the "Big Boy" bed that he refuses to sleep on, I went in to check on my little monster. To my disappointment, this is where I find him sleeping....

See the shoe peeping out from behind the blanket that is acting as his curtain? (I havent decided whether I am keeping the curtains I bought for his room or not!)

Fast asleep on the floor. Now why would you fall asleep on the floor when there is a perfectly nice bed to sleep on? If only I could get in that head of his. (Disclaimer - I do take his shoes off to sleep, but they are his favorite and he put them back on before he fell asleep!)

So I layed him in his 'Big Boy" bed in hopes that he wouldnt freak out when he woke up. To my surprise, he was so happy with himself when we made a big deal when he woke up in his BIG BOY bed! That night I decided to try a different approach to get him to sleep in his bed. I put him down in the pack'n play...then shortly after he fell asleep, I moved him into his Big Boy bed...and prayed that he wouldnt fall off and freak out...and sleep through the night. Right after I moved him he woke up a little, so I sat next to his bed for a few minutes so he would relax...then left him still awake. He did GREAT and fell right to sleep. He did wake up at 4am, so I went in there and when he wanted into his pack'n play, I told him no that we are sleeping in his big bed. So I layed down with him this time...(yeah that would be a great picture! Me 9 months pregnant and Porter in that tiny little bed) and rubbed him arm til he fell right back to sleep. He then slept in til 7. So I think we will be keeping with this theme til he gets used to his bed. I cant believe how big he is, and how fast he is growing. We love you Porter Monster!
2 comments:
So cool! The move to the bed is always fun, my kids never had a problem but they all escaped the crib so we had no choice. Good luck with it, and I hope it works
Too funny. I wonder if he was trying to cuddle up in the 'curtain'?
Post a Comment