30 April 2009

One sleepless night....

Okay so I know what all you are thinking...a sleepless night with a newborn?! Duh! But this was a different kind of a sleepless night. Tuesday morning we took Anastyn to her Newbown Well check. We had been thinking she looked a little yellow, so I wanted to have her checked for jaundice. The doctor said it didnt look that bad, but to have labs done just to check. After over an hour of waiting at Chandler Regional we had her labs done and ran a couple errands before heading home. On our way home we get a call from the Pediatrician saying that her levels were way high, and that she wanted us to have her admitted. WHAT??? Not that my hormones arent trying to regulate as it is, the thought of my baby having to be in the hospital was just too much. But what had to be done, had to be done. Kameron's sister was nice enough to take Porter for however long we needed to be there, and we headed to Mercy Gilbert to have her admitted. She got to "tan" in her Bili-Bed for as long as it took for her levels to drop to normal. I was worried how she would do since she HATES to not be bundled and laying on her back. But she is such a trooper and did GREAT!


A little bright, but she just snoozed away.

Our little trooper! This bed was intense...the light below her...and then there were two HUGE tanning bed looking panels that were hanging above her. It was the "Triple Light Bili-Bed!" I was impressed at what they have now a days.


We only got to take her out for 30 minutes at a time when it was "feeding" time as Kameron called it. I know, its like she is cattle or something. Thats what I get for marrying a guy from a small town I guess. And even though she has a little double chin, she is a LOT smaller than she looks. The tiny little thing only weighs 6 pounds.


Porter being a silly little monster on the way home!! You just gotta love this kid. Even after a long day and night in the hospital, he can still always make us smile!



Baby Anastyn relaxing in her boppy! We are just so glad that she is doing so well, and that we were able to nip the jaundice in the butt before it got worse. We only had to stay 24 hours because she did so well in the light her levels dropped really fast! She is such a good baby and is doing great! We have hopes that she is a sleeper like her brother was (sleeping through the night at 8 weeks!) and she is showing signs that she might be. Last night was great and she only woke up twice to eat. We just love her and are so grateful for this little blessing being in our home.

9 comments:

Sarah Mickalson said...

I am so sorry you had to go through that. What is it with our kids and being in the hospital? I hope everything goes good and call me if you need anything!

Jessica Rodgers said...

It was so good to hear that things are going better. Thanks for letting me drop by. She is a sweetheart

Mary Anne said...

oh goodness! i had heard of those tanning bed things, but had never actually seen one...man that's serious business! sounds like she did great, and she looks absolutely perfect to me! love the little watermelon outfit...sadie wore the one you gave her to church a couple weeks ago. gotta love a little girl dressed in fruit! she is so sweet.

Teri said...

I had to stay an extra night with Spencer so he could stay under the Bili lights. I was an emotional wreck because I just wanted to go home. Now, after reading your post, I guess I was lucky we didn't have to take him back...no fun to do that! I am jealous of your 2 wake night. Spencer is a horrible sleeper and I have no idea what to do, he is still up on average 3 times a night. I am TIRED! Good luck with everything...she really is a doll.

Amanda said...

Nathan was born at 35 weeks and jaundis was so bad. Do you remember what her level was? I think his got up to 14 or so when he had to be hospitalized. It was SO frustrating having to get tested ALL the time. She's so cute, and she does look bigger than 6 lbs.

Kacy said...

I'm so glad that everything is ok. She's a cutie!

Amanda said...

21.4!?!?! Maybe my memory is off and I'm like 10 numbers off, but I thought it was real dangerous around 17, is it 27? I don't know now. We had the blanket thing too, it totally sucked being restricted to cord distance from the outlet. :) I did think that last picture, she looked the same color Nathan was. Hope she's doing better now.

Heather said...

she is so cute with those goggle things on. I am so glad that everything is going good. i get you on the nights by yourself it is ruff. but will get easier.

Spencer and Marlee said...

oh... Poor little girl!! I can't wait to see her in person... Next weekend!!! You will get to see your "going to be best friend."
It has been so nice to keep in such great contact with you! I love that we have seen each other so much and have gotten to talk too!! Your such a great friend! I'm serious about Porter too!! He can come stay with us WHENEVER!!!