02 April 2009

Can we say Nesting???

....I have got to be going through this MAJOR nesting stage, because this week..I have been seriously going a million miles an hour. Although I am probably driving my poor husband crazy, I have had a lot of fun doing all these projects and LOVE seeing them finished. That is really why I do projects to begin with. So anyways, here is what my week has consisted of:

Monday: Bought 6 large Under the bed storage containers, and 6 small storage containers to organize our closets. Our two spare bedroom closets were PACKED with stuff, as well as the huge linen closet in the master bathroom. And since Porter is moving from the "nursery" room into one of the other bedrooms...it needed to be cleared out. So for 9 hours I organized, and basically went from 3 closets full of stuff to one and less the half of another closet of stuff...leaving the closet in Porter's new room nice and empty for him to move into! YEAH!! I also organized cabinets and drawers in both bathrooms, as well as my kitchen cabinets. I have no storage bins left...and I think I am slightly addicted, I want more. haha. Needless to say I was pooped that night, and slept very well!

Tuesday: I pulled out this little dresser from the garage that we bought at a Yard Sale, and had Kameron strip it (it was painted with 15 coats of paint, it looked horrible) and sand it, so that I could paint it and get it all ready for our little girl's clothes! I think it turned out really cute!

While Kameron was stripping the paint, I spray painted these sconces I also bought at a Yard Sale to hang in my front room! They totally look like they are made of chocolate in the picture (kind of makes me hungry) but they look great and I cant wait to hang them.

Wednesday: While cleaning out the closets, I found a few wreaths that my mother in law gave me a LONG time ago and I had forgotten about. And while we were running a million errands in town, I was at JoAnn's and found garland on sale so I got some to make a "Spring Wreath". I love it and it was so fun to make. I just cant wait til Fall so I can make another one! =)

Thursday (today): While in town weds. Kameron and I picked up a computer armoire that we had ordered to put in the kitchen, because Porter is taking over our office room. So Kameron basically spent the whole day getting the connections to work and setting up the armoire. And while he did that...I worked on my next project of what will be hanging above it. We dont have a framed picture of the temple anywhere in the house, and its something I have wanted for a long time. So I recycled an old picture frame I have had forever, and decided to use wedding pictures to cover the ugly matting, and blow up a picture my neighbor's husband took of the temple for the center. The picture is a 16x20 I think, so it gives you an idea of how huge it is. I dont have the center picture yet, but am really excited for it to be all done!!


And here is the armoire Kameron worked so hard to get set up. I love having the computer in the main area of the house!! We should have done this a LONG time ago!

And tomorrow, we are clearing out the rest of the stuff in that room, taping, and painting! There is still so much to do, and I only have 6 weeks left, so we need to get a move on it!! I know what you're thinking...and yes I am crazy! My poor husband is such a great sport! We havent even started working on the baby's room yet...this is JUST the beginning!

6 comments:

Sarah Mickalson said...

So do you want to come to my house and organize? Ya know, when your still nesting and done at yours? Good job Gina! I bet you will love having everything organized and done when the baby comes so you can just spend all your time with the baby!

The Seiuli's said...

i love projects! i'm afraid if we lived by each other we would drive corey and kameron crazy. haha! let's do it!!!!!

Amanda Stephan said...

I love getting organized....it's the best! Sounds like you have been very busy!!

Elissa said...

Hi! I'm so glad you left me a comment. I'm such a blogstalker!You're blog is so adorable, and you have such a cute little family! I love the background with the pictures. Anyway, the nesting thing is nice. I need to be nesting right now SO badly!

Heather said...

isnt it so weird how you have that feeling of nesting. you are such a krafty person i just dont think of things like that do do. all your projects look great. this camerons cousin by the way and april duggins sister i dont know if you remember meeting me. but your family is so cute and cant wait to see what the new addition looks like. hang in there you are almost done and then you will get to meet her. how exciting

Kacy said...

It does look like chocolate. Everything is looking good. I still need to get you your gift.