20 April 2009

36 Weeks...and some GREAT news!

I cant believe that we have reached the final weeks of this pregnancy! Even though this pregnancy has been nearly perfect, I am starting to get the "Get this baby out!" feeling! I can no longer paint my toenails, rolling over in bed is more work than its worth, my hips are breaking in half, and I get winded and start sweating doing simple house work. Not to mention the fact that I feel like the huge exploding woman, and some days I swear I can feel myself getting bigger!! I had my first of my weekly appointments this morning and my doctor checked me to see if I was making any progress. Being that I have a month left, I didnt expect much. Well to I think all of our surprise (Kameron was there too) I am 2 cm dilated and almost 100% efaced. This is WAY more progress than the doc had expected to find, and is great news that I have a really good chance of having this little girl early and avoiding the much dreaded C-section in just 3 short weeks. We also had an ultrasound because my tummy is measuring small, but found that everything is smack dab in the middle of the normal range, and she is measuring at 5 lbs. 12 ozs. And yes I said SHE!! I was adimate about confirming that there is NOT going to be any surprise parts showing up at delivery! So keep your fingers crossed for me that I can have this baby in the next couple weeks!! We are so excited, and a bit nervous that the day is rapidly approaching. Everyone pray that I will have enough time to get to my hospital...40 minutes away...and not have to delivery on the side of the 347! Any day now Miss Anastyn, we cant wait to meet you!

10 comments:

Steve and Sarah said...

You are so cute! As much as you hate being prego...just remember they are easier to take care of inside!!! Good luck, I am so excited for you guys!

Meagan said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! That is really exciting to hear. I was very surprised, too. Hopefully things will continue to progress quickly. We are always a phone call away if you need to drop Porter off in case of emergency! :)

Lexie & Sharrid said...

I am thrilled for you that you will probably experience a real vaginal delivery, there's nothing else to compare with pushing your own out of you. It's a really prideful moment. Almost 100% efaced, I'd garuantee you go early. You are funny though, don't get your panties in a wod, 5 pounds is nothing and your picture shows you are tiny! Remember when I was dragging Phoenix along? He was so low! So no pity party here! ha ha

Sarah Mickalson said...

That is great news! I cant wait to see her,I hope its sooner than later!

Amanda said...

It's so weird that you feel so huge when you are so tiny! I can't believe you're so far along already, are you walking alot? Good thing Kameron got off fto just in time.

Anonymous said...

I seriously don't think you could have any cuter of a pregnancy body. I'm jealous! You look so small! That is awesome to hear that good news! I have been thinking about you a lot lately! I can't wait till you post about your delivery... it probably won't be much longer!

Unknown said...

good luck guys!

AC BR AC said...

Woo hoo! So excited for Miss Anastyn's arrival! Good luck!

Todd,Shara & Mykah said...

Thats GREAT news! YAY!! We had the same issue with getting to the hospital on time (we were an hour away!).. I wanted to take NO RISK of not getting my epi(my fam delivers fast!). So when I started to get contractions, real ones we headed to the valley all packed and ready! By the time we checked into the hospital later that night (when they really hurt) at 7, she was here at 10.30! I was so afraid we would not make it!! So good luck girly I feel your pain! Cant wait to see what your little girl looks like!

Unstoppable Lindsey said...

Hang in there sis!! You've done it before, you can do it again...just breathe, one day at a time...all that jazz. I am not quite sure what you want me to say, so (insert comforting words here). She will be here before you know it and you will finally have someone whose little toes you can paint....ah, the joys of having one more chick in the house!! Praying for you!